M

Mexico

May 29, 2019
Mexico
Detector(s) used
XPointer/ P.O.S. bounty hunter pro.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Samanthy. They do scratch easily and the bank here are picky if you cash them in and they are dented or scratched. The ones i have found were in ruff shape so I bring them the the states and they are happy to buy them.

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What area of Mexico are you located in? There are lots of stories of buried gold around the US border. Apparently in the late 19th and early 20th centuries Mexicans could get a better price for their gold in the US.

OP
OP
M

Mexico

May 29, 2019
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Leon GTO right in the center of Mexico. Years ago they did not trust the banks and buried them. Then with the advent of tequila they forgot were. He-He. Also in town and in the ranches a lot are still there. I normally buy mine from the bank, but sometimes I find them at old ranches with other cool stuff. If you ask the owner of the ranch to prospect they most always say yes, just split with you find with them. Life is good here, I have been here for over 16 years now. I work for the automotive industry and its great.

Isabel1

Jun 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes alloy of copper and brass is used,i guess..So beautiful in looks dqfansurvey

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mexico

May 29, 2019
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes alloy of copper and brass is used,i guess..So beautiful in looks

Thanks for looking. Yes they are beautiful and my Fav. to collect. Great size and weight!! ( They are big coins)

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool. Mi suegra Antonia told me stories of gold buried by revolutionaries in Jalisco and Coahuilla, where my wife is from, but I never made it down there. Yet.

OP
OP
M

Mexico

May 29, 2019
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty cool. Mi suegra Antonia told me stories of gold buried by revolutionaries in Jalisco and Coahuilla, where my wife is from, but I never made it down there. Yet.

Hi RGINN, And the stories are true. Even today they still don't trust the banks and put there coins and money in holes. Also in my state is were the Revolution started (2x) so there is a lot of gold and silver still buried here. Good luck in your hunts...

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
During the Mariel Sea Lift bringing people's family members over from Cuba, I almost had an opportunity to retrieve millions of dollars worth of Gold, Silver, Gems and Jewelry from an Estate in Cuba that was abandoned by the family that owned it when Castro took over. Just days before going on the venture, we found out that Castro had placed lots of Cuban soldiers on and around the property. It seems that Castro was sure that there was buried treasure there but did not know where to look.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Samanthy. They do scratch easily and the bank here are picky if you cash them in and they are dented or scratched. The ones i have found were in ruff shape so I bring them the the states and they are happy to buy them.
What do you mean by “cash them in?” At a bank? Receive face value?

OP
OP
M

Mexico

May 29, 2019
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you mean by “cash them in?” At a bank? Receive face value?

The current price to buy at the Bank is around $33,000mxn but to sell back to the bank it like $28,000mxn... Banamex sells then and the smaller gold coins also.

OP
OP
M

Mexico

May 29, 2019
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
During the Mariel Sea Lift bringing people's family members over from Cuba, I almost had an opportunity to retrieve millions of dollars worth of Gold, Silver, Gems and Jewelry from an Estate in Cuba that was abandoned by the family that owned it when Castro took over. Just days before going on the venture, we found out that Castro had placed lots of Cuban soldiers on and around the property. It seems that Castro was sure that there was buried treasure there but did not know where to look.

Just pay off the right General and your in. That's how it works there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions