What's new

Michigan Unintentional Relic Find

Mitchgoblue

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Well, I wasn't trying to find anything today but turns out I did. As I was working on my garden I came upon two really old metal things. One of the things I could identify as a horseshoe and the other I think are some Blacksmith's tongs. I was hoping someone could give me some clarification as of what everything is and how old it might or might not be. Thank You. Location Found: Harbor Springs, Michigan.

"Tongs"
Photo on 2010-05-31 at 09.42 #2.webp
Reverse side "Tongs"
Photo on 2010-05-31 at 09.42.webp
Horseshoe
Photo on 2010-05-31 at 09.37.webp
Misc Photos
Photo on 2010-05-31 at 10.05 #3.webp
More Photos
Photo on 2010-05-31 at 10.05 #2.webp
anotherone
Photo on 2010-05-31 at 10.05.webp
 
Unless that hand is vary large that horse shoe is not all that big.
 
Upvote 0
Too big to be a Donkey and too wide for a mule,large draft horse,and very hard to date shoes as Farriers still forge shoes to this day :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom