What's new

micro pully?

relic lover

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
2,218
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1"x1" brass with wood pully in center still spins, what is it for?? came from old site.
 

Attachments

  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 309
suspender thingy
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
suspender thingy
That is what I thought till I cleaned it
 
Upvote 0
It's an old pully for weights that make the window go up and down. Have you ever seen one of those old weights, they weigh about three pounds a piece! The rope went around the pulley and attached to the weight. When you opened the window the weight dropped down and held the window open.

I can take a picture of one when I get home if you like? :wink:
 
Upvote 0
COUNTRY GIRL said:
It's an old pully for weights that make the window go up and down. Have you ever seen one of those old weights, they weigh about three pounds a piece! The rope went around the pulley and attached to the weight. When you opened the window the weight dropped down and held the window open.

I can take a picture of one when I get home if you like? :wink:
I would like to see pic. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking a pulley for like a bamboo porch curtain/shade that rolls up and down.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
plehbah said:
Is that how pot-bellied politicians snap their suspenders?
:D
 
Upvote 0
Daddytopcat said:
I was thinking a pulley for like a bamboo porch curtain/shade that rolls up and down.
Scott
seems reasonable
 
Upvote 0
A rope or cable goes through the pulley but a belt or strap goes through the other end.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
A rope or cable goes through the pulley but a belt or strap goes through the other end.
yes but more like string size it is 1/4" thick in total with a pully about 1/8" thick
 
Upvote 0
relic lover said:
bigcypresshunter said:
A rope or cable goes through the pulley but a belt or strap goes through the other end.
yes but more like string size it is 1/4" thick in total with a pully about 1/8" thick
I didnt realize it was so tiny even though you said the size. Its hard to visualize without something of reference in the pic. Are you saying this entire piece is the size of a US quarter? That really is a micro pulley!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom