Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching/feeling the weather lately has given me an inkling that any walk for the rest of the year might just be the last one.

Sooooo, out I went today. Weighing just about 15lbs heavier than I normally do, I went for a short, "high squeak" hunt.

The air cold, the wind gusting upwards of 20mph, windchill nipping at my nose? Yeah....might be a last. The good thing was the ground. It dug very, very well! Won't be long for me.

And on top of all that, I had a rather successful, fun walk. 😊

IMG_20231128_172416.jpg
IMG_20231128_172650.jpg

IMG_20231128_172758.jpg

Anyhoo...glad I made a last try.

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 36
Watching/feeling the weather lately has given me an inkling that any walk for the rest of the year might just be the last one.

Sooooo, out I went today. Weighing just about 15lbs heavier than I normally do, I went for a short, "high squeak" hunt.

The air cold, the wind gusting upwards of 20mph, windchill nipping at my nose? Yeah....might be a last. The good thing was the ground. It dug very, very well! Won't be long for me.

View attachment 2117721View attachment 2117722

View attachment 2117723

Thanks for peeking!
Lol wow that lighter brings back memories. I used to smoke Marlboros when I smoked. It was during the late 1980s and early 90s you used to be able to cut off the upc symbols and the said 5 Marlboro miles on them. You were able to send them in based on the amount you had for items in a catalog depending on how many Marlboro miles you had. Thankfully I gave up smoking a long time ago but I still have the blanket, 2 different Swiss army knives, a Swiss army watch, and a couple cookbooks they put out.

View attachment 2117723

Thanks for peeking!
It still amazes me how much stuff is buried in the ground. Great job.
-MM-

Thanks folks! 😊
Your responses help to warm me up.

I did enjoy this last walk. Maybe, if it warms a tad, I might get another for the year. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

View attachment 2117723

Thanks for peeking!
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

View attachment 2117723

Thanks for peeking!
I see from the very few pennies and the greater number of quarters that you hunt like i do, pass up the pennies and nickels and only go fo dimes and quarters. Only problem is we are both missing some unknowns. Some parks i hunt you get a hit on every swing, literally every swing, so eventually you just edit your digs. Gary

I see from the very few pennies and the greater number of quarters that you hunt like i do, pass up the pennies and nickels and only go fo dimes and quarters. Only problem is we are both missing some unknowns. Some parks i hunt you get a hit on every swing, literally every swing, so eventually you just edit your digs. Gary
Very true, Gary.

Discriminate too much And you miss a lot of good stuff!

But, like I said up above, this was one of my "high squeak" walks. That's where I pay a lot more attention to easy, surface finds. Means I'm more out to enjoy than to "treasure hunt". I don't do this often, just when it's more about the walk than the finds.

I'll return with a finer tooth comb later. 😏

Thanks for the comments!

PS: There actually was a few more pennies. Quite a few of the corroded zincolns. I don't post those. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back