What's new

Might have been duped?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
I was at a bank today and asked for halves. Teller has about $120 in customer rolls. I can see some of them look real old. The rest are of the newer variety.

When I get to the car I see that the old ones have writing on them. One says 66-67 and one says 68-69. The others say 70's. I opened the 70's first and sure enough all are real good condition 70 era coins. I grab the 60's and sure enough all are NOT 60's at all. All are mix of 70-90 era coins. My first thought is this is a dupe by another CRHer. Some of them had obvious CRHer marks on them.

Good news is two of the newer looking rolls I got had some keepers: 3- Franklins and 4- 40%.

So it turned out good after all.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
or some cherry picking tellers that know when the US stopped putting silver in our coins......either way congrats on finding some in the rolls!
 
Congrats Jim, sometimes it pays off to buy 'em, you just never know. ffd
 
well that's not bad. Pretty good day really, it would be a bummer to see rolls marked that old and open them full of clad though.
 
Could have been another CRHer who just used the wrappers for a simple dump.
 
that sucks Jim. i think perhaps it was a case of reused wrappers. i found the same thing last week only they were what the wrapper said they were. 3 rolls of 40%ers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom