What's new

Might have to pay service fee

weighit

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
550
Reaction score
244
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
The bank that has been getting me 1 box a week of halves has now said only one box every other week. The teller said the fee was more than they wanted to spend for me. I asked what the fee was and she didn't know as the vault teller was off that day but would check and let me know. Asked if I would pay that fee and I said let me know the cost and I would decide. Is anyone here paying a fee to get boxes and if so what is the cost?
 
Upvote 0
I know a few here do, but if a bank by me ever tried to charge me a fee, I'd be closing my account the same day. Too much competition for my business in the banking industry for me to be paying fees.
 
I see you found a new potential dump bank :laughing7:
 
Syrys said:
I see you found a new potential dump bank :laughing7:

This. Tell the head teller or manager, either you can keep ordering for me without the fees, or you can handle my rejects, your call.
 
You don't have enough clout. You need a larger balance in your accounts. If you live in an area with enough competition, then you can hop from bank to bank to play the game. If you want to play for free at the same bank, then you need to increase your "business/assets" with the bank. Now, if you are carrying a large balance and they still want to drop fees on you, then inquire up the chain of command on their fee schedule.
 
weighit said:
The bank that has been getting me 1 box a week of halves has now said only one box every other week. The teller said the fee was more than they wanted to spend for me. I asked what the fee was and she didn't know as the vault teller was off that day but would check and let me know. Asked if I would pay that fee and I said let me know the cost and I would decide. Is anyone here paying a fee to get boxes and if so what is the cost?

Your first obvious option is to check around and see if there are other banks that will order for free. If so, simply switch banks. If not, then it depends on the amount of the fee and your results. I typically find 1 40%er for every 2 boxes. A "good" box for me will only have 3 or 4, and those are rare. Obviously I couldn't afford to pay a fee. Now if my boxes produced like some members' boxes on here produce, I'd pay a small fee to continue ordering.

Another thing I feel REALLY strongly about: As CRHers, I think we "owe" those banks that are good to us (will allow us to order/dump with no fees/hassles), all of our banking business. We should strongly support the banks that support us!
 
It's got nothing to do with balances and everything to do with doing right by your customers.

I typically have about 100-600 bucks in my account, and they will order boxes to my hearts content. It's about finding good companies that support their customers no matter what.

FYI, to get boxes from other accounts, I lie (Yeah, I lie...) and tell them I own a business and need change... they'll usually give it to me and hand me a few pamphlets about their business accounts.
 
Ltrain said:
It's got nothing to do with balances and everything to do with doing right by your customers.

I typically have about 100-600 bucks in my account, and they will order boxes to my hearts content. It's about finding good companies that support their customers no matter what.

Remind me how that works out for you in the long run. What it comes down to is money. How much you are costing them and how much they are earning from you.
 
Diver_Down said:
Remind me how that works out for you in the long run. What it comes down to is money. How much you are costing them and how much they are earning from you.

It's their company policy... if you want change, they have to give you whatever you ask for, minus a box that's kept for reserve at all times. If they can't give it to you right then, they'll order whatever you want, free of charge. I had a friend who is an employee there check it out for me.
 
Yes, unless you have a wad full of money, talk to the bank manager. Sorry to say, but money talks and bs walks. I myself am on a limited budget; if it was not for my family (members of a bank for over 50 years and numerous accounts), I probably would be looking for another bank. I have, and won't, ever pay fees. The larger banks tend not to charge fees--at least that is my experience.

Another idea is to have several accounts at various banks. Learn from the pros on this forum. They know the ropes. I know have 5 different accounts so I can CHR without causing too much fuss (ordering; dumping).

Just my thoughts.

apush :read2:
 
Yes, multiple accounts is a good thing too.

I have 4 accounts, total. I have $10 out of every paycheck deposited into the three secondary accounts to avoid fees, and my main account gets the rest.
 
Ltrain said:
Yes, multiple accounts is a good thing too.

I have 4 accounts, total. I have $10 out of every paycheck deposited into the three secondary accounts to avoid fees, and my main account gets the rest.

Hey LTrain, did you set that up with your work to deposit in so many accounts? Not sure my work would like me trying to have them split up my paycheck so many ways.
 
conpewter said:
Hey LTrain, did you set that up with your work to deposit in so many accounts? Not sure my work would like me trying to have them split up my paycheck so many ways.

I don't see why they would care... it's pretty much an automated system, they just put the account numbers and amounts in.
 
If i find that i get more silver then the fee i would pay.
 
Ltrain said:
Syrys said:
I see you found a new potential dump bank :laughing7:

This. Tell the head teller or manager, either you can keep ordering for me without the fees, or you can handle my rejects, your call.

Some banks are charging for dumps too from what posters here say.

Jim
 
Syrys said:
I see you found a new potential dump bank :laughing7:
One of my DUMP banks wanted to charge me to dump. They never didi give me a price and i have never been back since. :icon_scratch:
 
I won't pay a fee unless they carry the boxes to my car and pick up my dumps at the house. :laughing7:
HH
Rich
 
They said they won't charge me but will only order every other week, so I will live with that. Drove out of town and got another credit union to order me a box every week. It will all work out and maybe I'll double my luck with the extra box??
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom