What's new

Might need a Mark Grace "Slump Buster"! Finds from the last couple weeks.

Stef45

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2016
Messages
781
Reaction score
1,228
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all you baseball fans/Chicago Cubs fans out there that header is for you. Y'all know what I'm talkin' about. But yeah been in a bit of a slump from what i was finding earlier in the year. These finds are from the last few weeks from 3 different sites. Here we go!

First picture is the overall shot. You can see one tiny little button. Thats it from the last 2 weeks or so one little button (at least i looks like a button). The green broken bottle was a sprite bottle commemorating George Washington Carver. Not sure how old it is but it was kind of cool. Top right corner is a Chug-a-Mug bottle. Then various pieces of pottery and ceramics which i believe span from colonial times to turn of the century. The striped one is interesting and the piece on the bottom right is as well, let me know if you can id them at all (timeframe). found a bunch of wheaties ranging from 1927 to 1956.

DSCF0332.webpDSCF0333.webp

Next whatzit looks to me like a brass thingy from an old chest. Not sure tho so feel free to chime in.

DSCF0334.webpDSCF0335.webp

This bottle seemed turn of the century and i can't nail down a manufacturer. Any help would be appreciated.

DSCF0336.webp

This knife was a surface find and I didn't think much of it until i saw a little makers mark. It is a stag horn hunting knife from Solingen, Germany from the 1920's. Its pretty beat up but still cool.

DSCF0337.webpDSCF0338.webp

Next is a close up of the button i found in the mud as VMI was digging up like 15 buttons i came away with this one! ONE! Like i said i'm slumping. It has some kind of design on the back but i really can't make it out.

DSCF0339.webpDSCF0340.webp

The harmonica reed was a nice find. Never found one intact. Im pretty sure its a harmonica reed VMI said it could be from a different instrument as well. You can see the little G in the corner. Wonder how old? It was on a site where CW relics have been found so I'm assuming its from around then. Let me know if you have any info.

DSCF0341.webpDSCF0342.webp

Last one is a big whatzit. Looks to have some kind of pattern to it but its broke..maybe a broach? What y'all think?

DSCF0343.webpDSCF0344.webp
 
Upvote 18
Wow looks like you have some great finds lots of old stuff the knife looks pretty old I find those harmonica reeds a lot they must hve been popular though I never see anyone playing them now or when I was a kid Great job on all your finds Thanks for the amazing post and pics!!!!!!!!!!1
 
Nice finds, I really like the knife!
 
Wow looks like you have some great finds lots of old stuff the knife looks pretty old I find those harmonica reeds a lot they must hve been popular though I never see anyone playing them now or when I was a kid Great job on all your finds Thanks for the amazing post and pics!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks man. Yeah this is my first complete reed so that was pretty cool.
 
Still beats a skunk, but definitely a ruff time when we have to post clad lol good stuff is on the horizon for sure

Yeah dude. Not to mention the bugbites/poison oak on my hand from that jungle we were in.
 
Congratulations on the variety of finds. My favorite is the knife.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom