72.1 KB · Views: 435
  • MILITARY BUTTON_002.JPG
    MILITARY BUTTON_002.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 342

Eddie Lomax

May 10, 2008
Central South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Machines- Metal Detecting, Privy Digging, Arrowheads, Prospecting, Catfishing, Harley Riding
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a US Great Seal button. It was used from 1902-present. If you can read the backmark we can narrow it down more.

OP
OP
808beginnerdigger

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
Eddie Lomax said:
That's a US Great Seal button. It was used from 1902-present. If you can read the backmark we can narrow it down more.

I can only make out and what looks like... UNIQUE AR MFR CO NEWARK NJ

I may be missing some letters and got the "Unique" part wrong.

Thank you for your help!

Colonel Ken

Dec 7, 2009
Oahu, Hawaii
Braddah Nate,
I am pretty sure that is a common button that secures the dress uniform. The button is older than what is on our uniforms today. It is probably opala, but you should keep it until you hear from the experts. If no one provides you more info on this forum I can have my friends check it out.

COL Ken

OP
OP
808beginnerdigger

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
Colonel Ken said:
Braddah Nate,
I am pretty sure that is a common button that secures the dress uniform. The button is older than what is on our uniforms today. It is probably opala, but you should keep it until you hear from the experts. If no one provides you more info on this forum I can have my friends check it out.

COL Ken

Thanks!... Da Sand Crab found it in my pile of dirt as I was digging my hole. Pretty neat find. Thats the same night those W.C Whiskey Flasks came out... Not from my hole but how I wished...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread