• 09-02-2007%2001;49;34pm (2).jpg
    09-02-2007%2001;49;34pm (2).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 175
  • 09-02-2007%2001;49;34pm (2).jpg
    09-02-2007%2001;49;34pm (2).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 172
HMM sneaky spot ??? You got my attention. Nice button. AA

Upvote 0
Agreed US Army collar brass... Infantry... I dunno about the bar across the middle... is anything engraved there?

Nice Piece... should be one screw/pin on the back.

Upvote 0
I think 1917,just a guess. Intresting button for sure! :o
RD

Upvote 0
justgeese said:
Looks like WWI collar brass.Does the back look like there was a stem in the middle?
Don

it does look like a stem might have been there. so the general consensus is WW1 or around then? my brother will be pleased to hear that. thanks for the help. :)

Upvote 0
not a button but an Equipemnt ID tag, Used on field gear, leather, canvas, etc, Unit is stamped in flat area (usually soldiers company plus his number in company), and then these were attached to equipment that was left in store room, this one is for infantry, doesn't look like it's stamped, should have 4 fold over prongs on back that attach to equipment. These were used around WWI era, a litte before a little after.
They come with different symbols for different type units like crossed cannon for artillery, etc.
(EXAMPLE, just sold WWI backpack with one on it that would make it
easy to ID pack when soldier went to pick up HIS pack)

Upvote 0
MilitaryCollector said:
not a button but an Equipemnt ID tag, Used on field gear, leather, canvas, etc, Unit is stamped in flat area (usually soldiers company plus his number in company), and then these were attached to equipment that was left in store room, this one is for infantry, doesn't look like it's stamped, should have 4 fold over prongs on back that attach to equipment. These were used around WWI era, a litte before a little after.
They come with different symbols for different type units like crossed cannon for artillery, etc.
(EXAMPLE, just sold WWI backpack with one on it that would make it
easy to ID pack when soldier went to pick up HIS pack)

thank you! :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back