What's new

Military Cap Help

AlabamaClay

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
I bought this cap at an estate sale and I can't identify it. It looks military but I'm not sure The label in the cap reads Jacob Reed's Sons Philadelphia. The date is faded - maybe 1-11-09. On the back of the metal buttons reads Meyer New York in the shape of a cross within a shield. New York is vertiical while Meyer is horizontal. Meyer is reversed. It's hard to see on the photo. I don't know what the SUS on the patch may mean. The other side of the cap has the same metal button but no patch. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_E2005.webp
    IMG_E2005.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_E2006.webp
    IMG_E2006.webp
    311.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_E2009.webp
    IMG_E2009.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 89
Pretty cool find
 
Upvote 0
Pretty cool find
Thanks.
I did some more research. I thought it might be the Sydney University Scouts. They were an Australian regiment before WWI but their colors don’t match and I couldn’t find any photos of them with this type of cap.
 
Upvote 0
post-311-1204411592.webp

That may help in dating it if you can get a better look at the button.
 
Upvote 0
Organicseekers looks to be onto something in confirming the maker of the cap as N.S. Meyer Inc. New York. :thumbsup:
As you already mentioned, probably retailed through Jacob Reed's & Sons in Philadelphia, PA.

Stylistically, I would've thought WWII era.... I don't see it being directly military related though.
No idea what the 'SUS' stands for though. :dontknow:

Dave
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom