chukers
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2010
- Messages
- 1,824
- Reaction score
- 147
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Eastland Texas
- Detector(s) used
- Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
NOLA_Ken said:if you can get the wehrmacht awards forum guys to authenticate them, ask them about selling. I'm sure at least a few of them would be interested.
The cross as I said is a 2cd class, take a loupe and look at the silver rim of the cross near the loop, and the loop itself, that's where you'll find any markings. These were basically made by jewelry makers, so the stamping will be similar. It would help to know the markings on the back of the clasp.
NOLA_Ken said:The cross looks right to me, I found another clasp by that maker online, yours worries me a bit due to the rough finish on the back side, but then again I haven't collected that kind of thing in many years, and that might not be a problem. Having said that, there are a lot of high quality (hate to use that term) fakes out there. The other forum is definitely the best bet for having people with years of knowledge look at them. Be sure to post the results, I'd be interested to know.
