What's new

Military or Civilian Trash

Collers9640

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2011
Messages
29
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania/South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 & 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thin Stamped brass...I think it’s just civilian but figure i would see if it looked familiar to anyone before I toss it aside.
It was found about 5 feet from a Confederate Staff Officers Button
 

Attachments

  • A5350D8F-F60B-4667-A866-0E8CB77A6A21.webp
    A5350D8F-F60B-4667-A866-0E8CB77A6A21.webp
    624.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Thin Stamped brass...I think it’s just civilian but figure i would see if it looked familiar to anyone before I toss it aside

Never toss any brass aside until identified. Set a aside a bucket and toss it in there. You will thank me later.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a half to a powder flask. Could have been military or civilian. I'm pretty sure both sides used various types of powder horns, including ones made by private companies.
 
Upvote 0
Soldiers also brought personal ones from home.
 
Upvote 0
Soldiers also brought personal ones from home.

Agreed. Dug this out of a Union fire pit. You can make out a deer on both sides which tells me it was a hunter's at one time. I was concerned about breaking it up anymore than it already was so you can see ash from the pit still attached.

flaskpowder.webp
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom