What's new

military pin id

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
3,589
Reaction score
4,364
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old school look but have the feeling its not that old
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6329.webp
    IMG_6329.webp
    698.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6330.webp
    IMG_6330.webp
    569.6 KB · Views: 89
It looks similar to this GAR civil war medal but has an anchor and cannon instead of 2 cannon. Maybe Navy version? The bar on the back held the ribbon. Gary

gar medal.webp
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Maybe anchor and spyglass?
Which might suggest the 1800's?

Doesn't really look like a cannon to me; at least, not similar to the one which clearly has two cannons.
 
Upvote 0
Hmm older than I had thought, thanks for the info.
Actually looks like a baseball bat more than anything, I was thinking eyeglass too but I think it was intended to be a cannon but doesn't look like one because the diameter is too uniform.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • p34881_54509_1440442092.webp
    p34881_54509_1440442092.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Upvote 0
They are out of focus fy, sure looks like it.
Too bad I don't have the rest of the device, nearly valueless without it, unless someone has the other parts and is lacking the eagle topper.
 
Upvote 0
They are out of focus fy, sure looks like it.
Too bad I don't have the rest of the device, nearly valueless without it, unless someone has the other parts and is lacking the eagle topper.


I would like to find one. I have several pieces from a Spanish-American war camp about a mile from my house.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom