What's new

Military pin?

Mr. Magoo

Full Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
165
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got another one that has been pulled out of my "what is it"closet. It looks like it is a crown siting on the symbol for infinity or waves. I'm thinking maybe a british WWI or WWII military pin. It is made out of a light metal like aluminum or tin or maybe even pewter but definitely not silver. Can anyone help me on identifying this?
 

Attachments

  • pinfront.webp
    pinfront.webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 319
  • pinback.webp
    pinback.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 321
It appears to contain the "Staffordshire Knot" . I can't find an exact replica but did find this

Staffordshire knot badge.webp

"STAFFORDSHIRE YEOMANRY. This badge has the Staffordshire knot with the crown of Queen Victoria on top.All in brass.Rare badge £19"
from http://www.glamorganantiques.co.uk/capbadges.htm
It is reference RER1PP about 3 qtrs way down page 1 of cap badges.

Google Staffordshire Knot Badge for other examples.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Mike... his is a "figure eight" knot...

I'm not too sure about the cheap metal being military... it's looks like a kid's badge. British - with the crown, I think.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Mike... his is a "figure eight" knot...

I'm not too sure about the cheap metal being military... it's looks like a kid's badge. British - with the crown, I think.

Whoops, Thanks Jim you are quite right - it is a completely different knot. I do agree with you too about the low quality of the badge.
I did wonder if it could be a Boy Scout badge - but I'm pretty sure they use a reef knot. Oh well, back to the drawing board ;D
Mike
 
Upvote 0
scouts never started in Queen Victoria times or do the british use their royal crowns on cheap kids badges

Might be a rope makers logo with a royal endosement. EG " Queens finest hanging rope " lol



tinpan
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom