What's new

Military pin?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Is this military? If so, what era? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0845.webp
    IMG_0845.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0847.webp
    IMG_0847.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0848.webp
    IMG_0848.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 342
Thank you Rando,
I found the whistle in a different area FYI. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
I agree Rando. I was assuming its just an older version. Just an assumption. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
The examples in your link Garabaldi, are definitely a different shape and I notice also, the 'stripes' of your badge are progressively thinner/thicker.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Is GI a US initial only?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0864.webp
    IMG_0864.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0865.webp
    IMG_0865.webp
    27 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
As an old Army brat, I don't recall my Father wearing collar badges as a Sergeant in the NZ Army; and here's my maternal Grandfather, Colour Sergeant, Royal Artillery (British) WW1

Mums parents wedding.webpage.webp

Mike
 
Upvote 0
The angle of the chevrons remind me a LOT of the chevrons used in the US Army's ROTC program. Is this possible?

Doug
 
Upvote 0
I don't recall anything like that (insignia) from the Army being marked "GI." I may be wrong but I think is is a hallmark from something else, maybe even costume jewelry. Possibly even GI Joe related.
 
Upvote 0
Why the different widths on the bands of the chevrons of Garabaldi?

Mike
 
Upvote 0
I was a Sgt. on the police department and wore chevrons like that on the collar of my uniform. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Turtlefoot got the game ball on this one. :notworthy:
Thanks for all the help all. This site rocks. :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Garabaldi, can you tell what is in the diamond symbol next to the GI stamp?

Mike
 
Upvote 0
I believe its a 1 or straight line inside the diamond. I will look closer tonight when I get home from work. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
I should have added we bought our chevrons at the Army Navy Surplus store. They were larger than the civilian ones and looked better on the collar, plus they were solid brass and could be polished and lacquered. The civilian models were plated. They also sold the smaller ones for what were then called WAFS for the women officer's uniforms. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom