What's new

Milk crate floating sifter

SaskSteve

Jr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
55
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Saskatchewan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had most of this stuff kicking around the house to put this thing together. The PVC pipe was left over from installing the central vac., milk crate, some foam from the body shop next to my work, a few wire ties, and a piece of gutter protector from Home Depot.
 

Attachments

  • image-3763065035.webp
    image-3763065035.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 326
  • image-4211707648.webp
    image-4211707648.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 363
  • image-3830490017.webp
    image-3830490017.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 0
Thats nice! The one i saw used 4 treated 2x6's in a square with foam all on the perimeter and coated mesh wire on the bottom for sifting.
 
Darn nice job, similar to my first one that used a coke crate but without the PVC piping, just foam floatation. That sifter will work well as long as you can get it to the water. My problem was having to carry everything with the addition of a heavy sifter hope you don't have far to carry everything. I will say, you won't hurt that one, it looks darn near bullet proof!

Cliff
 
Thanks guys. It's pretty light, and only 12"X12". Good enough for the fresh water beaches I want to get in the water at. Hoping for some good finds tonight.
 
Thats pretty darn nice....Great Job...
 
Nice piece of work. I am trying to gather up the stuff to build me one.
The 3 inch PVC elbows are about 8 bucks each at Lowes, I'm looking to try a different approach, but the PVC pipe seems to be the most durable option I can think of.
 
I went with the 2" pipe, since I already had it. I was short one elbow, $2.78 @ Home Depot. The foam was a freebie as well. It had a slit in it, which cleaned up that edge before tying the PVC pipe to it. With the foam and the PVC, it held a 10lb weight up in the tub. :) Hitting a local lake beach in a half hour to see how it works.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom