• scan00111.jpg
    scan00111.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 284

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice token, Devin! Help us out a bit with the wording on it - I can read A. ANDRIKOWSKI, I think - is that correct? Right off, I don't find that name listed in Reiter's Dairy Token book, but a search through some genealogical sites says there were not too many people by that name in the US. The only family I see was in Milwaukee, WI, but that was ca. 1900. There was a son in the family named Anson, so that is a possibility in maybe the next decade or so. It is entirely possible that the family changed the spelling after being here for a while. I have a friend with access to a lot of WI directories, so I will ask him after getting verification of the spelling. Thanks! John in ID

OP
OP
Vicegrip

Vicegrip

Aug 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Troy X5, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re:A. Andrikowski

idahotokens You do have the name right. The token was found in Adams county,Wisconsin. I have asked around just little. No one that I have asked knows any Andrikowski from this area. I did also find the name used early 1900's in Milwaukee. Thanks for your help.

exonumia

Greenie
Oct 25, 2005
Rockford IL
Detector(s) used
Buying and Selling exonumia !
A bit late in response, but:

1. Not listed in the Mel Reiter book on DAIRY TOKENS
2. Not listed in the Maverick Token CD.

Negative info is not much help, sorry. As a milk token it has interest, even as a maverick token. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions