What's new

MILTIA BELT PLATE

2country

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Virginia
I found what I think is an old militia belt plate and a couple of flat buttons a few days ago at a plantation site that dates back to about 1750 not to far from my house . I found 2 pics of the belt plate , one said it dates back to 1810 , the other said 1820 . What do yall think ? The hook in the front got bent over backwards somehow , but I'll still take it .
 

Attachments

  • Belt1.webp
    Belt1.webp
    38 KB · Views: 4,211
  • Belt2.webp
    Belt2.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 4,189
  • Belt1.webp
    Belt1.webp
    38 KB · Views: 4,184
  • Belt2.webp
    Belt2.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 4,166
Upvote 0
Thats a beauty. Congrats, they dont get much better then that. You may see yourself on the banner for that one. :icon_thumright:

Mainer
 
Congratulations on a fine looking relic! HOGGE :headbang: My Banner vote is in. :thumbsup:
 
wow great find.. :o i vote banner
 
I ask myself ,would I want a belt plate like this ??? :o Answer: HE!l Ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BANNER VOTE from CMD :headbang:
 
Beautiful piece of history! A big congrats on a banner find! Would like to see some pics of the yard and house you found them at. :icon_thumleft:
 
That is a Beauty !! nice find !! What is the inscription above the eagle ?? I can not make it out in this photo ! MaineRelic.
 
One of the best
 
Great find, a day to remember for you. :icon_thumright:
 
love those old plates. good job
 
That plate shows nice! I'm not used to that variety. Is 1840's the date?
I would love to add a beauty like that to my collection!
Great finds!
Dave.
 
nice plate, banner I vote, WTG. JYD...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom