What's new

MILTIA BELT PLATE

2country

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2006
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Virginia
I found what I think is an old militia belt plate and a couple of flat buttons a few days ago at a plantation site that dates back to about 1750 not to far from my house . I found 2 pics of the belt plate , one said it dates back to 1810 , the other said 1820 . What do yall think ? The hook in the front got bent over backwards somehow , but I'll still take it .
 

Attachments

  • Belt1.webp
    Belt1.webp
    38 KB · Views: 4,211
  • Belt2.webp
    Belt2.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 4,189
  • Belt1.webp
    Belt1.webp
    38 KB · Views: 4,184
  • Belt2.webp
    Belt2.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 4,166
Upvote 0
I think..... It looks great! :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on making the banner, sure looks good up there. Good luck at that site.

Mainer
 
That is a remarkable find congrats :headbang:
 
awesome find.
I like how the iron keepers rusted away and you can tell how they were sitting on the back...
Very nice..............
 
Really nice find! Congrats on making the banner.
 
Sweet plate, it dont get much better :headbang: :headbang:
 
looks like its been out of thr ground for awhile buttons to. when did you obtain them?
 
Gorgeous belt plate, I would like to have at least half of one in my collection. A full one would be great but beggers cannot be chosers. GREAT FIND!!!!
 
Awesome plate! Every relic hunters dream! :headbang:
 
jfx55 , I found it January 29th about 4:30 pm . The field it came from is next to the river and the field is river sand . The stuff I find in this type of sand comes out in pretty good shape . I cleaned it with soap and a soft tooth brush . Hope this answers your question .
 
I think its beautiful :thumbsup:
TnMtns
 
Hey Cool Belt Plate!! I found the exact same plate a couple of years ago, Check out my pic on the left of your screen. I was stoked to find it and glad to see you made the banner. I hardly got a comment on the one I found :laughing9: That plate was the reason I found this website, I was trying to Identify it. I thought it must have been a rather common find with the type of response I got. Makes me feel now as though I have at least found an item that is "Banner Worthy :notworthy:"
Congrats and keep on huntin".
 
I found the same belt plate back in November 2006. It also made the banner on page six. At the time, PBK said this about it:

Great find, Bookfisher! It's a c. 1815-1825 Militia (or "Common Militia") waist belt plate. It's sometimes listed as a "War of 1812 Period" belt plate; however, any usage would have come very late in the war.
 

Attachments

  • plate.webp
    plate.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,875
  • plate2.webp
    plate2.webp
    42 KB · Views: 1,881
  • plate.webp
    plate.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,871
  • plate2.webp
    plate2.webp
    42 KB · Views: 1,881

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom