What's new

MineLab CTX 3030,Worth the MONEY????

I miss the ol' days when I had a two hundred dollar detector and could find 'v' nickles - silver coins - indian head cents - and all other goodies in the top 4 inches of ground.
 
I'm with you on that Old Man. Just wish I was an old man so I could have experienced the same. :)
I'm 43 and started 14 years ago. Should have listened to my Aunt and Uncle and started while I was very young.
Everyone will have their own opinion of what machine is best. Let's say that the best machine is the one that works when you need it and under the conditions you need it for.
It doesn't necessarily have to be the most expensive , but rather it's what works for the person using it.
HH
Gary G.
 
my buddies old man filled mason jar after mason jar with silver coins. not to resurrect an old thread. lol...

has the 3030 come around to its value yet???

I miss the ol' days when I had a two hundred dollar detector and could find 'v' nickles - silver coins - indian head cents - and all other goodies in the top 4 inches of ground.
 
Yep old thread. I am not sure it is worth $2500, but it is a great detector and worth getting.

I am not sure about all that stuff being in the first couple of inches because I go to many virgin sites and not find all that, but I am sure at ONE TIME that was all you would find along with 1960s and 1970s coins.
 
I'm waiting for that submersible waterproof detector to 200' that provides the information the CTX display gives and the TID accuracy at depth to go with it - but - that can also hit hard on weakly conductive targets (thin rings, small jewelry). Perhaps ML will get to it with the CTX4040.
 
I have a CTX and I really like this machine. In my opinion this is a high end hobby machine and the average person may not get their money back. As far as hobbies go this is inexpensive compared to golf, Dirt bikes, Remote airplanes/cars. I think it depends how much you like seeing what you can find and if you have that treasure finder gene!!

Cheers - Koffee
 
Worth every cent! To me! And no heavier than my Excal on a carbon fiber shaft!
Excal 5.1 lbs
CTX 5.2 lbs
 
Round and round we go. Lol. Be patient, the CTX3030 will no longer be the newest greatest thing and "not quite as good as the next big thing" before you know it. Just like the Etrac, Explorer, Quattro, Safari, and so on and so on. Just like with electronics of any kind, this will always be a vicious cycle. Human nature - everybody has to have the "Next Great Machine". Funny thing is all of the Minelab machines I mentioned, were and still are good machines. They just aren't the newest and most popular kid on the block anymore. Seems like just yesterday, all you ever heard was Etrac, Etrac, Etrac. Very soon that will be replaced by the masses that can afford the CTX3030. :metaldetector:
 
I have a CTX, use to run a pair of etracs. If one only hunts on land my recommendation would be to get a used etrac and a new or used deus with 9 or 11" coil with the backphones. Money wise your on par with new CTX price, you'll have 2 detectors (a backup). And you'll find even more treasure. You can hunt most dryland sites with great success. Plus when the etrac starts feeling heavy you can opt for deus. Make no mistake about it, the etrac will suck silver. The only time my CTX comes out now is for cherry picking on areas where I want to limit my digging.
 
I have a CTX and I really like this machine. In my opinion this is a high end hobby machine and the average person may not get their money back. As far as hobbies go this is inexpensive compared to golf, Dirt bikes, Remote airplanes/cars. I think it depends how much you like seeing what you can find and if you have that treasure finder gene!!

Cheers - Koffee

Great post! I am in love with the Minelab CTX 3030 metal detector | BigBoysHobbies once you put the gone hunting settings in it! totally changes it into a BEAST!
 
Great machine is the 30/30!
But.. The Mighty ETrac is still the preferred "high end hobby" machine for inlander's. Hands down.
MineLab is without question, IMHO, the best all-round detector manufacturing company now.
How fast times change!?
Which ever MineLab detector you choose, do yourself a favor and call �� Bart@BigBoysHobbies.
Peace ✌
 
Which ever MineLab detector you choose, do yourself a favor and call �� Bart@BigBoysHobbies.
Peace ✌

Thanks Sir! Be sure to mention your from tnet as well for a special deal! ;)
 
There is no such thing as the "Perfect" machine.

"It is the brain between the earmuffs, which make any machine worth the money, the user paid!"

Treasure hunting is about learning, learning the areas, and learning your machine. It is a constant evolution which never cease's, you can learn all that you think there is to know about your detector and opps a partial whisper will be heard reveling something you didn't know.
 
There is no such thing as the "Perfect" machine.

"It is the brain between the earmuffs, which make any machine worth the money, the user paid!"

Treasure hunting is about learning, learning the areas, and learning your machine. It is a constant evolution which never cease's, you can learn all that you think there is to know about your detector and opps a partial whisper will be heard reveling something you didn't know.

Very true Sir!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom