What's new

Minelab Excal Parts

JoeSWFla

Full Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2007
Messages
181
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Anybody know where to get the "O" rings and seals for the Excal.I called Minelab
yesterday and asked about the parts.I got a call back today,and was told they will
not sell parts to anybody.I don't consider seals "parts" in the strictest sense.Anyone
know where to get the "O" rings,strain relief and seal,for the battery and detector?
I was told that if I sent it in it would be a few weeks before they looked at it.I
can have it apart,new seals,and re-assembled in so many minutes-I just need the
parts.I wish someone would make after-market parts for them-like front and back
ends,and stock seals from Ikelite,etc..HH Joe
 
Upvote 0
Google "o ring seals" . . .

:-)
 
JoeSWFla said:
Anybody know where to get the "O" rings and seals for the Excal.I called Minelab
yesterday and asked about the parts.I got a call back today,and was told they will
not sell parts to anybody.I don't consider seals "parts" in the strictest sense.Anyone
know where to get the "O" rings,strain relief and seal,for the battery and detector?
I was told that if I sent it in it would be a few weeks before they looked at it.I
can have it apart,new seals,and re-assembled in so many minutes-I just need the
parts.I wish someone would make after-market parts for them-like front and back
ends,and stock seals from Ikelite,etc..HH Joe
Boy, only a few weeks till they looked at it-I would jump on that deal. Mine has been sitting there in the box since July 2nd >:(
 
Joe,

If you need the seal that is on the connector to the battery you can take that seal off of the adaptor and use that one. You don't actually need the one on the battery adaptor to charge.

Wanda
wanda@kellycodetectors.com
800-327-9697x134
 
JoeSWFla said:
Anybody know where to get the "O" rings and seals for the Excal.I called Minelab
yesterday and asked about the parts.I got a call back today,and was told they will
not sell parts to anybody.I don't consider seals "parts" in the strictest sense.Anyone
know where to get the "O" rings,strain relief and seal,for the battery and detector?
I was told that if I sent it in it would be a few weeks before they looked at it.I
can have it apart,new seals,and re-assembled in so many minutes-I just need the
parts.I wish someone would make after-market parts for them-like front and back
ends,and stock seals from Ikelite,etc..HH Joe

Welcome to the world of minelab service.
What a bunch of losers whites would ship you one for free in a second.
I love my excal but I do not think I will by another minelab until they make some big
Changes.

Jason
 
Thanks for the replies.I will probably have to go online for a match to the
"O" rings.Just wish someone with the know-how would start producing
after market parts-end caps with cables seals,etc. HH Joe
 
JoeSWFla said:
Anybody know where to get the "O" rings and seals for the Excal.I called Minelab
yesterday and asked about the parts.I got a call back today,and was told they will
not sell parts to anybody.I don't consider seals "parts" in the strictest sense.Anyone
know where to get the "O" rings,strain relief and seal,for the battery and detector?
I was told that if I sent it in it would be a few weeks before they looked at it.I
can have it apart,new seals,and re-assembled in so many minutes-I just need the
parts.I wish someone would make after-market parts for them-like front and back
ends,and stock seals from Ikelite,etc..HH Joe

Ace hardware or any local hardware sells a make your own gasket pack. Its usually a 3 pack of 1-rubber, cork,and cardboard. The rubber works great if not better than the original. Just trace the circle, and drill 3 small holes.
 
I would never buy a minelab.They have very poor customer support.They dont sell any parts.Want you to send in the unit just to replace the headphone plug that they made which goes bad because of cable stress.I sent the headphone plug in for a friend over a month ago,its a potted piece in plexiglass,they told me they grind out the potting and replace the electronics and cord,yeah right,that plug cost them about $1.00.You dont grind out potting material without destroying the plexiglass.The cord another $1.00.The cost to repair they told me is $100.00 a total ripoff.
 
I have found that you can mix and match alot of the seals and o-rings on the minelabs at the local auto parts houses or hardware store. Most of the repairs including the ear phones are easily done and really don't need to be sent off. Mine's out of warranty so i do it all myself.
 
If minlab hadnt encased the electronics for the headphone in potting material,i could have just cut the cord where its bad and solder it back to the board.Theres no reason why they potted the board for the headphones.If they case floods the MD is pretty much just scrap,so all you got left is worthless headphones.

No user serviceable parts inside.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom