Every beach is different, different parts of the same beach is different, concentrations of black sand and salt content willl vary as well... Ther eis no one set it and go settings.... I will readjust mine several times when I hunt, it is tuning just like tuning and other electronic device....
OBN, dave is putting the reverse descrimination on the handle on my 2nd excal now..... I decided I wanted it on both of mine so incase I loaw one to someone or one needs repair the other will have it.........
I use no descrimination.
Sensitivity I tune to between 10 and 2pm (old style excal)
Volume 3/4
Threshold is a wisper like a tiny misquito in my ear.
I switched between pp and disc, but with the new mods I will be in PP and switch to disc to see if target nulls....
Basically about the same settings you use it looks like...
One excal has the WOT, the other has the SEF Butterfly 12"x15" coil, they go deep, and I personally have no problem hunting with them in the water, I am use to them.... I have not hunted with a 10 inch coil at beach in 2.5 years at least....
If I know I am not going in the water I switch to my Sovereign GT with the SEF Butterfly 15"x18" coil to hunt the wet sand......