Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
For me at $225.00 i would not think twice i would get it. Even though i never used the first one the Explorer i mean At that price get it....................... if you don't like it you can always sell it for $350 to $425.00 easy.......

Attachments

• you-betcha-pin.jpg
    you-betcha-pin.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 285

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original had a problem with the housing cracking where the upper rod goes into it. That is the only real problem I remember people talking about. Iron Patch could tell you better. But I think at that price as Keppy said you cant go wrong, especially with the inline probe.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
yes price is very good, but explorer s have one minus manual noise cancel and small minus no screen light, if you will not like it sell to me i need for my project. good luck Stasys

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
I have an original XS it is pretty much the same as the models out now with a different coil and color (and a few other upgrades). As far as depth and performance its about the same from what I have seen but I do like the new coils over what our original models had. I might upgrade to an SEF coil anyway.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great deal if the coil works 100%. Only a good deal if it's not because a new one will set you back a couple hundred. Like stated above check for cracks on the housing camlock, and even if it looks fine assume you will have to send it in, because eventually you will. Even my explorer II went super floppy and needs a housing change, and it's suppose to be better.

If the probe is a Sunray you should have already bought it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread