Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Minelab doesn't really have any real competition in this area so they dictate prices. Is the Explorer SE worth $1200?

$3500 for a GP3500 is worth it to serious gold hunters in AZ, Nevada and Alaska as nothing out there touches it in the depth department. PI gold hunters are always looking for more depth as you can go back to old patches and dig deeper gold with deeper machines. You have to be SERIOUS and a regular gold hunter in those states. They can make up the cost with gold found but of course it is not easy and a lot of hard work is involved. Some serious relic hunters use them too. Should be some good used prices on the GP3500 shortly as Minelab's GPX 4000 just came out. $4000 for a new GPX 4000(A bit deeper they say).

So it depends on the level of your addiction.
George

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to use the one that best suits the type of hunting I am going to do that day. That is why I use more than one detector. Some are better than others and the price usually shows it as far a quality of components, quality control, tech support, and service after the sale, unlike the cheaper discount detectors.

The adage, "You get what you pay for," holds true.

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
If your serious about finding gold at any depth the GP3500 will not let you down.

VLF gold machines are great too, but unless you have a special site to hunt you may find it doesn't get very deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions