Minelab repair center in Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate the kind help, situation is as such, my friend sent back his minelab equinox 600 under warranty , problem must recycle often, volume problems, shutting down at times, plus obviously the ears on shaft coil breaking. So he told me they want over 300.00 to repair, I’m thinking not good customer service, in my opinion this friend should qualify as a tester he uses his machine in all aspects of minelab warranty liability coverage. Anyone can help to move this out of there blame on customer. Appreciate minelab continue to operate at such manner will feel the pinch if they don’t fix there situations and honor warranty, thankyou

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something isn't right, there is more to the story, you said it is under warranty so why are they not repairing it under warranty?

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m going to confirm everything and will get back with full confirmation of problems vs repairing it other than what I was told, then we can go forward to better ending other than charging over 300.00 to repair, stay tuned thankyou

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They most likely will say that it was operator abuse, thus not covered, which is crap

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They most likely will say that it was operator abuse, thus not covered, which is crap
Not necessarily, I worked in both the Minelab Repair Center and Kellyco Repair Center for almost 5 years, we would get some detectors that clearly were damaged by users. People tried to claim shaft just snapped at the control box when you could tell it had been backed over by a vehicle, detectors that were dropped on hard concrete and cracked the housing, control modules that had been opened.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard you are correct, terrible customer service even under warrant, my friend was told same thing, he said send the dam thing back and he’s not buying another minelab product, his detector was under warranty, bunch of goof balls. Minelab not only is xp deus passing you up, notka makro will to, how’s it feel to be last, your products are faulty even under the warranty shame on you.not happy

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not necessarily, I worked in both the Minelab Repair Center and Kellyco Repair Center for almost 5 years, we would get some detectors that clearly were damaged by users. People tried to claim shaft just snapped at the control box when you could tell it had been backed over by a vehicle, detectors that were dropped on hard concrete and cracked the housing, control modules that had been opened.
Well things must have changed since you worked there, dam shame they don’t fix under warranty

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Richard you are correct, terrible customer service even under warrant, my friend was told same thing, he said send the dam thing back and he’s not buying another minelab product, his detector was under warranty, bunch of goof balls. Minelab not only is xp deus passing you up, notka makro will to, how’s it feel to be last, your products are faulty even under the warranty shame on you.not happy
I wonder really how many times this happens, till the masses just move on.

Meaning I read about the faulty ears on the coil, leakage, controllers just going down.
What did MineLab learn from the 3030 issues-Nothing
Cheaping out that what it's called-O ring seals, coil ears, shaft wobbles :BangHead:

Sure the send it for warranty-that's an easy if living in the lower 48.
To ship a detector off $60-75 just for postage-plus the 4-6 weeks of down time.
Then they'll put this magical "$300" repair value on the repair. (Got the same number from them, seen others having the same bill value)
So it gets to customs we pay duties on that repair $60.00 even though the repair was free.
(But I won't get into what that's all about)

So after being a MineLab customer for a decade or more and 4 high end machines purchased.
Never again until I read the simple problems are rectified-they won't see any more $$$ from this pocket. :coffee2:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well things must have changed since you worked there, dam shame they don’t fix under warranty

You still haven't said why Minelab says it isn't covered under warranty, there is a reason they said no, what are the circumstances we are missing? A product warranty does not mean it is covered under user abuse.

If you buy a brand new car and then don't follow manufacturer maintenance guidelines under the warranty then the warranty is no longer honored. Put diesel in a gas car, don't change the oil or run the car with low oil, drive the car with radiator low and engine locks up, all of it is on you, it is not covered by manufacture warranty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder really how many times this happens, till the masses just move on.

Meaning I read about the faulty ears on the coil, leakage, controllers just going down.
What did MineLab learn from the 3030 issues-Nothing
Cheaping out that what it's called-O ring seals, coil ears, shaft wobbles :BangHead:

Sure the send it for warranty-that's an easy if living in the lower 48.
To ship a detector off $60-75 just for postage-plus the 4-6 weeks of down time.
Then they'll put this magical "$300" repair value on the repair. (Got the same number from them, seen others having the same bill value)
So it gets to customs we pay duties on that repair $60.00 even though the repair was free.
(But I won't get into what that's all about)

So after being a MineLab customer for a decade or more and 4 high end machines purchased.
Never again until I read the simple problems are rectified-they won't see any more $$$ from this pocket. :coffee2:
Very well said, unfortunately these folks don’t honor warranty’s, oh user fault. Yeah move on alright, dam sad day in hell a big company like that dishes there customers feedback they don’t listen to, I hope they lose business, you are right

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still haven't said why Minelab says it isn't covered under warranty, there is a reason they said no, what are the circumstances we are missing? A product warranty does not mean it is covered under user abuse.

If you buy a brand new car and then don't follow manufacturer maintenance guidelines under the warranty then the warranty is no longer honored. Put diesel in a gas car, don't change the oil or run the car with low oil, drive the car with radiator low and engine locks up, all of it is on you, it is not covered by manufacture warranty.
Oh it shuts down whenever, restart, it don’t matter it’s not broken from normal where, electronically to do that. So anyhow they lost custome, xp deus number 1, notka makro next, minelab last.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh it shuts down whenever, restart, it don’t matter it’s not broken from normal where, electronically to do that. So anyhow they lost custome, xp deus number 1, notka makro next, minelab last.
You still haven't said why Minelab says it isn't covered.

Last edited:

treasureguy56

Mar 31, 2019
Half way Between Perry and Owosso Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210 , Tesoro Golden Sabre , CZ5 , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not everyone has a bad experience with Mine Lab , I have had my Equinox 800 since 2018 , Not one darn problem . No broken ears , no weak shafts , no problems with updates - Not one single issue . Isnt it just possible some people are too dam rough with their machines ?

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, but the unit isn’t broken, it shuts off have to recycle often, yeah not everyone though

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, but the unit isn’t broken, it shuts off have to recycle often, yeah not everyone though
And you still have not said the reason Minelab gave for not being covered by warranty.

I know from my experience in the repair center that there is more to this story than is being told. Minelab does just not honor the warranty unless it is out of warranty or there is some kind of user abuse issue that voids the warranty, Minelab would have told your friend why the detector is not covered by warranty.

We had owners sending in detectors that were not waterproof saying they just quit and when we opened them up they had salt inside the control pods. We had owners sending in detectors whose shafts were broken at the upper shaft, and control pods broken off the handles, none of those are covered under warranties as that is customer abuse..

Last edited:

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same exact problem with my Equinox 800. It would keep powering down while using & the screen would only show the rotating bars. I sent the control Pod to Minelab service center [under warranty] . I got a call from the service center telling me it took over 1 hour of testing to get them to duplicate the problem I was having. They did send me a new control pod. It seems to be an intermitting problem with some Equinox and if the service center cannot duplicate the problem maybe that's why the control pod was not replaced under warranty?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first thought also was owner abuse . Would be the ONLY reason !!

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m done with it, obvious electronics proble that doesn’t fall under user abusing, it’s my friend, if was me wouldnt support them again, third rate detectors, behind xp deus and now notka makro.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently having an issue with them myself. I have a 3030 10"coil that I just bought 4 mos ago that went dead. Sent it back and they said it was covered, but then they said that they had to "order parts", for a full replacement?? But, they said they had no timeline on when that would be as they are waiting on parts. Seriously? They don't have a new 10" 3030 coil around? Second most popular Minelab detector and they don't have the most common coil they supply in stock?
Meanwhile, I wait. Hope I don't miss out on the summer beach traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread