central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really amazing, AND not so good........ but in the end, two thumbs up.

So, I sent my CTX in for the warranty repair of the control panel's never-ever working rear speaker. I sent the detector out on Monday April 27th, from Florida, addressed to the new Detector Center repair facility in Pennsylvania.

My detector was delivered to them on Thursday, April 30th.

I received a notice from FedEx on Saturday May 1st (JUST 2-days later), with a tracking number for the return of my detector to me!

ONLY A TWO DAY turnaround on the repair! Holy smokes, how did THAT happen? OUTSTANDING! This is amazing news.

Now for the 'not so good'.

I had informed Minelab in email communications, and the Detector Center in a letter placed inside the detectors box with the RMA number and repair issue, that the detector had to be shipped when completed, to my New York State address. (I even had the return address ON the box, as my NY address). The FedEx tracking information indicated it was being shipped to my Florida address. Not so good.

Being a Saturday, I called the Minelab Service number and left a long, LONG voice message about the situation. I also emailed the Detector Center, and again on Monday morning.
Bottom line: I can't figure out how this actually happened, but EVERYONE was highly responsive and apologetic for the error. My detector now has many miles on it, as it made it all the way to Orlando before being turned around back to the repair center.

To the repair centers credit, they relabeled the detector at delivery to them, and handed it right back to the FedEx driver for delivery to me here in NYS. I am expecting it to arrive this Monday, May 11th. I can't wait to actually hear that built in speaker work!

And one more thing. This detector took about a 3600 mile repair trip to & from the 'Detector Center' in PA, and the turn around time from Drop-off at a UPS package store in Florida, to my door this Monday, is still only exactly TWO WEEKS! Now friends, THAT is a wonderful thing. Anytime. But even more so during this Covid-19 pandemic.

So Kudo's "Detector Center" & "Minelab". Even with the shipping snafu, You all rock!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on rerouting that in time. Glad to hear the quick service time I bet the Nox series alone gave them a big boost Ive had Garrett machines and the service was top notch good to hear Minelab is also. Happy Hunting

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh, I guess an update IS in order, huh. :laughing7:

I received my CTX-3030 as expected on Monday May 11th. I was happy to see that the Repair Center actually returned the detector to me in the extra packaging that I sent it to them in! More Kudos as a result.

Most importantly, My 3030 talked to me for the very first time without having headphones or wireless speaker plugged in! :hello2::wav:

Repair order stated: "Tested speaker, speaker not working. Headphone jack working properly. Speaker needs replacement. Replaced speaker, unit working properly." Yep, plain enough.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're expecting it to do some talking too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread