What's new

Minelab SD2100V2 for Iron Relics???

VaRelics

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I am looking at the Minelab SD2100V2 for finding iron civil war relics. Will this detector pic up Iron deep?

Thanks,


VaRelics
 
Upvote 0
It will detect iron deeper than you will want to dig. The 2100 is extreemely deep and sensitive on iron.
 
Dear VaRelics;
I tend to agree 101% with the prior statement from AUDuke. I operate an SD2100 and it goes DEEP. Digging up a burro shoe at 28" depth is about the norm, especially when used with larger coils. The SD2100 gets excellent depth with coils up 24". In my humble opinion, any bigger than 24" and the SD2100 starts to obey the law of diminishing returns. My advice to you would be to get a great pair of headphones, a Pocket Rocket battery pack and a GOOD shovel, my friend. And a good pick too, if the ground is hard. Oh, and a couple of friends, preferrably ones with strong backs, as they could come in very handy.
Your friend;
LAMAR
 
Prospectors using the SD find old timer's iron trash like crazy. I never had a problem finding deep iron stuff. I had a 2000 and 2100 and I'm sure it would cannon ball deeper than I'd want to dig with the 18" or 17" UFO.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom