Minelab Sovereign Elite

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
Just a quicky review..
Overall love this detector. Its a bit on the heavy and after swinging for a while your arm will definately feel the fatigue. I bought a pretty cheap camera bag and a nylon belt and now the controls are nicely tucked away and out of the elements. I would highly suggest that you do something similar if your gonna be out for long periods.
At first I had a bit of trouble distinguishing the tones but after just a small amount of practice I can now pretty much tell what Im about to dig with the exception of a pop top which has the same tone as a ring.
This MD does not miss coins in wet or dry sand. If there is a coin in the area it will definately find it. Ive found coins already at least 12-18" in the sand with no problem and a strong signal.
Controls are pretty straight forward and easy to use. Ive set mine up for the type of detecting I do and now its a simple "Turn it on and go" operation.

Overall I am completely satisfied with this detector and believe I made a very wise investment!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the WOT coil can go deeper than 18 inches with a Sov. But only the young guys can dig that deep all the time.

You made a wish choice in detectors.

S

seger98

I carry my control box on my hip as well, I can go all day then. I have a 14 in coil that I put on mine in certain areas, but your right, on the beach you can dig an easy 18 inches for a coin.

Chris

OP
OP
P

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
Thanks folks, and yes, Ive certainly dug 18" holes in the sand, (the wife can verify it!!!!!), its really not that bad to dig but I wouldnt wanna be doing it all day, unless of course it was for a diamond ring or something... :tongue3:

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Nice to have the control tucked away, but I like to use the disc swich for pinpointing. I don't really spend much time at the beach.
Straight shafts are popular for sovereign users that don't have GT's. I've got a thread below where I'm looking for ideas on how to build one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread