Minelab wireless headphone module and headphones, CTX3030, et all........

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Would any one consider sharing their experiences using the minelab wireless headphone modules? The kind that are compatible with the CTX 3030.
How is the quality compared to say a pair of standard wired grey Ghosts?. Do you you ever prefer using standard wired headphones instead.? Do they retain their battery life? Do you find them convenient to use? Are they compatible with any other mine detector models?
How about other brands?
What do you do under water?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, So nobody uses the wireless headphone module, or is it just that nobody has anything to say about it?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Not the same one of course, but I bought a wireless module and headset from a fellow on this site last year for my ETrac. Worked brilliantly and was comfortable. Charge only lasted for about 8 hours though. Freedom from cords was great! Still works, have it charged up right now.

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Not the same one of course, but I bought a wireless module and headset from a fellow on this site last year for my ETrac. Worked brilliantly and was comfortable. Charge only lasted for about 8 hours though. Freedom from cords was great! Still works, have it charged up right now.

Thx deepseeker, So they actually are clear and trustworthy enough to transmit the faintest signals?, or would one have to use wired headphones to be most prudent?

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would any one consider sharing their experiences using the minelab wireless headphone modules? The kind that are compatible with the CTX 3030.
How is the quality compared to say a pair of standard wired grey Ghosts?. Do you you ever prefer using standard wired headphones instead.? Do they retain their battery life? Do you find them convenient to use? Are they compatible with any other mine detector models?
How about other brands?
What do you do under water?
The modules are definitely not waterproof. One of my hunting buddies splashed his and it died instantly, never to live again. Under water you have to use a different set of hardwired headphones with a waterproof connector.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi El Padron,

The Minelab wirelless Module works only with the CTX3030 using their proprietary software. Any standard detector style headphone can plug into the remote wireless module. The sound and signal quality is excellent, and there are multiple wireless channels to accommodate hunting near other CTX remote wireless modules. Several of my customers use earbuds with a 1/8-1/4 adaptor, plug the buds into their remote module, and they find this a comfortable option. When water hunting, you remove the detector wireless module above the battery, and then you can plug the Koss or Gray Ghost underwater headphones directly into the unit.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thx, all

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
I use mine with the ctx 3030 , and it is great. The battery life is really great I get over 10 hrs straight use without loss. Thrice thing is that you are not tied to the detector, I wish it was water proof so I could use it with water proof headphones and and be tied to detector. I use Bose ear buds and grey ghost headphones with it.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Thx deepseeker, So they actually are clear and trustworthy enough to transmit the faintest signals?, or would one have to use wired headphones to be most prudent?

On my wireless set, maybe it's my hearing (lack of) but I can't really tell any difference from regular headphones. But I DO hear those faint sounds.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are there any wireless modules for detectors other than Minelab? I'f I buy an AT Pro, could I get one for it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread