Minelab X-70 or Fisher F5?

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Well nothing "sees" good targets below trash, but the 70 is far superior in depth and discrimination to the F5. Target masking is when an iron target is above a good target, and therefore the good target is not detected. No detector will ignore the iron and see the good target, no matter what you've heard.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No detector will ignore the iron and see the good target, no matter what you've heard.

You have to really try this with a Minelab to see it work. Read CJC's books to learn why it works with Minelabs finding good targets under nails, etc. Lay a nail down with it going thru a gold ring and it will respond to the ring without the nail masking out the good target. Now try this with another detector that disc out the nail. :icon_study:

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
The Compass did this 30 plus years ago.
I put 4 square nails on the ground at 5" inches there was no change in tone the 77b didn't see the nails as I got closer the tone picked up a bit but the meter never changed.
I then put a silver dime down the tone changed and the meter registered a hit, I then put the dime under the nails from about 3-4" inches I had to hit center for the tone and meter to change as I got closer 1-2" it was very clear in both tone and meter. The tone change likely is ground change but the meter was spot on it did see the dime through the nails. Dan

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
I don't see how that's physically possible, but I'll give it a try. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions