Minelab XTerra 70 Was Hittin Deep.....

DirtLover

Oct 9, 2016
Florence,Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236 x2....Garrett GTP 1350....Whites 6000DI Pro SL....Eurotek Pro....Tesoro Deleon...Minelab X-Terra 70...Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had went over this spot bout 20x...then i decided to use the xterra...
DSC_0375.JPG

Upvote 11

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like to minelab is doing the job for you. :icon_thumright: Just remember that anytime you go back to a site, swing in a different direction. This simple act can allow targets that were once nulled/masked to become better targets and more detectable.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab X-Terra 70? WOW! Great finds. :occasion14:

OP
OP
D

DirtLover

Oct 9, 2016
Florence,Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236 x2....Garrett GTP 1350....Whites 6000DI Pro SL....Eurotek Pro....Tesoro Deleon...Minelab X-Terra 70...Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx...i would have to say the dimes was at about 8 to 9in...my shovel is about 8in...then i did another small scoop...then they popped out....

OP
OP
D

DirtLover

Oct 9, 2016
Florence,Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. How deep?

Thx...i would have to say the dimes was at about 8 to 9in...my shovel is about 8in...then i did another small scoop...then they popped out....

OP
OP
D

DirtLover

Oct 9, 2016
Florence,Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like to minelab is doing the job for you. :icon_thumright: Just remember that anytime you go back to a site, swing in a different direction. This simple act can allow targets that were once nulled/masked to become better targets and more detectable.

Thx Loco...Will Do..

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice coin shooting!

The Minelab 705 in AM mode is a very deep machine.

OP
OP
D

DirtLover

Oct 9, 2016
Florence,Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the nice coin shooting!

The Minelab 705 in AM mode is a very deep machine.

Thx..&..yes it is...today i ground balanced on packed dirt"hard dirt"...before i went to the soft dirt area...where i got the mercs from....i was thinking like if the ground balance is giving you max performance...in hard dirt...i wonder what it would do with this same ground balance in soft dirt...big homie im telling you i was diggin' deep targets...deeper than i had digged in any area before...i had got a copper lid bout the size of a half dollar...i promise you about 12 or 13in...the Vdi kept jumpin' 28-32-44-38..with them numbers i dig anyway...i knew it was copper by the numbers doe....but yeah..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you using a X-Terra SEVENTY, or the "705?"

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool! Gotta love it when new treasures emerge from a well-hit site. Congrats. -Lisa & John

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice nabs on the deep Mercs! Gotta love those old rabies tags as well! Congrats.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread