What's new

minelab

jamey

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
3,094
Reaction score
1,925
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello ya'll,
im wanting to get serious with metal detecting this year,i buy some at yard sales and such,but want to get a good one.thought about the fisher but i think im going with minelab instead.do you think i will kick myself ifi get the safari instead of the 3030. thank you ahead of time.
 
so the 3030 is worth the extra 1500.00 dollars,not worried about the weight,just wondering how much more the 3030 would do thanks jason
 
Safari and 3030 are different leagues. If you want to compare the 3030 to another minelab, then the ETRAC is more appropriate. They are "closer". Yet of course the 3030 still has features such as being waterproof that set it apart from the ETRAC.

Everyone has a budget, its ok if you can't get the 3030, ETRAC or whatever. Figure out how much you got to play with and you can probably get a good Minelab machine.
 
Then again, you can always get a Deus.
 
DEUS is a great machine too!
 
Forget thoughts of a Safari.
If you have means to purchase a 3030, do so.
GL
Peace ✌
 
If you live near me, get a garrett. LOL
 
If you can afford it, go for the top end machine.

SS
 
ok,just wanted to make sure it was worth it,thanks.
 
If you live near me, get a garrett. LOL

You should make a thread and ask "Garrett or Minelab?" LOL

Really thou, I would go straight for the Etrac ..you'd save a some bucks and still have a great machine
 
You should make a thread and ask "Garrett or Minelab?" LOL

Really thou, I would go straight for the Etrac ..you'd save a some bucks and still have a great machine


Haha, we could all place bets on how long before it got locked!
 
I would recommend the Etrac also if you can't afford the 3030. It's midway between the cost of the Safari and the 3030 but from what I've read has some definite advantages over the Safari that, to me, are worth the money. I had a Fisher F5 prior to my Etrac and hadn't intended to get an Etrac when I went to upgrade...passed by the ATPro for a few reasons and went a little over my budget because I knew I wouldn't be looking to upgrade the Etrac for a long time. Best decision I ever made detecting-wise. Glad I went for it...
 
Do you water hunt also? If you do then get the 3030 if not get the Etrac, just be ready for a big learning experience and don't get discouraged. Goodluck!
 
i like the fact the 3030 is waterproof,i think im going to get the 3030 from big boy toys but man thats alot of cash kinda nervous though but im telling myself it will be alright.
 
That kind of money and a "want to get serious about metal detecting this year" mindset means one of two things: You're either going to get way serious about detecting this year or you're going to burn out and have a $2500 paperweight.
 
yea i hear ya,had a garret 2500 i had bought new when i just had got in too it,top of the line that year i think but my kids were small and didnt have the time,kids are bigger now and do not want to be with dad all the time,had a tejon too.i want one that will make me want to keep it,and a friend of mine bought 35 acres by defeated creek,lots of hills and saddles,and looks like an old trail going through it he wants to check it out but kinda low on cash due to his purchase so i thought i would get one so we can look
 
Metal detecting is one of those things for me, that I think "what if I had started this hobby 20 years earlier?" I wonder how my life would be today. I enjoy it that much. I can get burned out, but that doesn't last long. There is something about getting that hit on your detector and digging something cool that never gets old. While swinging it is almost like meditation. Weird huh? I love trying new machines and if I could afford it, I would be swinging the CTX or the Fisher F75 ltd 2. But I also know that if I had to stay with the Bounty Hunter Quick draw 2 that I started with for $75 on Craigslist, I would be ok with that too.
 
Last edited:
Hello "Jamey",

The ultimate decision is yours and yours alone in choosing a detector to fit your budget, time, area and style. As some have mentioned, it may be fruitful to speak to a few dealers from the forum to discuss your unique situation. I too, am torn between the e-trac and ctx-3030, so I feel your pain. I guess the answer really should be what makes you happy.

Best Regards and Happy Hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom