What's new

Mini road trip

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,676
Reaction score
43,380
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was given an opportunity to take a short trip north of the Mason Dixon
so I linked up with two favorites from Yankee-land. Namely,
Jeff of Pa and Old Dude. (Cjon is still afraid to let me hunt on his
grounds, ;) )

First was Jeff's nice little park he took me to, we didn't find much but
as always, Jeff was the most gracious host. Even though he couldn't hunt
for very long, we enjoyed some great conversation and even got a couple
interesting finds.

2016 (657).webp
2016 (658).webp
2016 (659).webp
2016 (660).webp
2016 (661).webp

Don't think Blingie's too interested. ;)

2016 (662).webp2016 (663).webp

Did find a not too toasty wheatie though. :)

Funny how my hunt turned out like so many other ones we've
seen from Jeff. ;)

Then, I got to hunt with my friend Old Dude. (no he hasn't retired from hunting.....yet. ;) )

2016 (664).webp

He took me to a little neighborhood type park.
Basketball, Baseball, tot-lots, etc.

But, I have to tell you. We hunted for about 2 to 2.5 hours and I only had three quarters
amongst my finds. Then, he had to leave to take care of some errands and he let me
continue to hunt as it was such a beautiful day!

I hunted for maybe another hour. I was hitting the tot-lots on my way out and the quarters
started showing up at 2 and 3 per stop! All new but it was soooooo familiar to me! LOL
Just like home! LOL

The kids started populating the equipment more and more so I finally just left the rest for Old Dude. :)


2016 (665).webp

A lump of melted something. Too heavy
for aluminum, but too light for lead.
Non-magnetic...... :dontknow:

2016 (666).webp

Fishy & Blingie seem happy enough.

My gratitude to Pa and my hosts once again.
Another fine trip!

Thanks for peeking!
 
Upvote 46
nice finds as usual Wadi !
I was really hoping to get a second hunt in before you got past me
on your drive home. damn back is still giving me pains that are a bit more then
just an ache :( only up side is it can't last forever & considering the time of year.
it's not a real killer mentally.
 
Congrats Whadi, hunting with other members is one of my passions. I never worry about my finds, just being with great people and making new memories is treasure enough. Did you use your new method up in PA?
 
Sounds like a good time congrats on the finds
 
With all that large amount of change you dug this year,you now have the down payment for a new car.
 
Congrats Whadi, hunting with other members is one of my passions. I never worry about my finds, just being with great people and making new memories is treasure enough. Did you use your new method up in PA?

Ya know, I didn't use it too much. When I'm in a place far from home, where I probably will never hunt again, I think I might sort of keep on the high side a bit. I did try it a couple times, in some rather noisy areas. Seemed to work ok. :dontknow:

Thanks!
 
I am glad you were able to make it again Gary. Hopefully the winter will not be a long one and we can do it again soon!
 
I'm sure glad that you weren't shut out from one of our most common digs.......a 12 gauge PA Pull Tab!! Looks like you all had a great time and made some memories!!
 
Well done Whadi,, glad to hear that you ventured north to plunder some treasure.
Congrats on all your finds.
 
Thank you for sharing the wonderful story! Detecting with friends is what it's all about, regardless of the keepers!

Fishy and Blingy seem content with their share of the bounty!

GL & HH
 
Looks like you had a good road trip, and the troops are happy!
Shared detecting time is golden!

To bad Jeff's back was giving him trouble he probably could have come up with the rest of the car.

If you keep showing Cjon all the clad you found on Old Dude's area, you'll scare the bee gee's out of him.

Glad you guys got together and had fun before winter sets in.

My detector hasn't seen me in so long i doubt it remembers me :(
 
Looks like you had a good road trip, and the troops are happy!
Shared detecting time is golden!

To bad Jeff's back was giving him trouble he probably could have come up with the rest of the car.

If you keep showing Cjon all the clad you found on Old Dude's area, you'll scare the bee gee's out of him.

Glad you guys got together and had fun before winter sets in.

My detector hasn't seen me in so long i doubt it remembers me :(

Oh, it'll remember you alright! It just won't be talking to you when you finally go out. ;)

Thanks!
 
Way to keep Fishy and Blingy happy! Nice finds. -Lisa & John
 
Lol! For sure! :D:banghead:
 
That looked like a good time with good finds.
Thanks for sharing your hunt.
I wish I could have hunted with you guys. I'd love it if you three came down here and hunted some soybean fields with me. I enjoyed hunting with Dave back in the day. I miss him on the site all the time. I know it's a long drive, I can put you guys up in my humble home, it'd be like a boy scout camp, lol.
 
That looked like a good time with good finds.
Thanks for sharing your hunt.
I wish I could have hunted with you guys. I'd love it if you three came down here and hunted some soybean fields with me. I enjoyed hunting with Dave back in the day. I miss him on the site all the time. I know it's a long drive, I can put you guys up in my humble home, it'd be like a boy scout camp, lol.

I believe I could enjoy something like that, Treb. Trouble is, I just don't get around too much anymore, ANYwhere. :dontknow:

Thanks!
 
Lol!! Cjon is semi retired from detecting at the moment!! Seems I either have work or working vigorously on my home project everytime you come up. Glad you got to get out with Jeff and dave though, looks like you did well!
 
Sometimes just getting out with friends more than makes up for the lack of spectacular finds!
 
And sometimes just "getting out" is awesome!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom