What's new

Mini score

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hi everyone. I have been semi-retired from CRH for a while now. I still go to the counter and ask for rolls whenever I need some cash, but I am off boxes for a few months. What I still do is look in the cashiers drawers when I pay for something. The other day, at the Home Depot, I spy an interesting looking nickel in the till, and ask if I can have it in my change. When the checker cant figure out which one I am pointing to (it is worn), she lets me reach into the till and pick it out. I do this and hand the nickel to her. She looks at it, says "you can have it, but it is pretty old and word out". Well it turns out that I ended up with a War Nickel!

Later that evening, I am at the Safeway, and my son sees a silver quarter in the change machine!!! That aisle is hardly ever used, and the checker does not know how to get the coin out of the machine...we are going to keep an eye on things, and, if necessary, come through the aisle with a whole bunch of packs of gum until we get that quarter!!!

Happy hunting. I think I am done, and I wish you all the best!
 
Upvote 0
STDevil said:
Later that evening, I am at the Safeway, and my son sees a silver quarter in the change machine!!! That aisle is hardly ever used, and the checker does not know how to get the coin out of the machine...we are going to keep an eye on things, and, if necessary, come through the aisle with a whole bunch of packs of gum until we get that quarter!!!

Happy hunting. I think I am done, and I wish you all the best!

I did that once...turned out to be a clad Canadian!
 
i have been tricked by edges of Canadian dimes thinking they were silvers, but good luck on that change machine. 8)
 
You know, you guys may be right. I thought the coin was silver, but I too have been fooled by those blasted Canadian coins. I will take a closer look when I am at the store tomorrow...
 
I've looked at silver long enough that I can tell the difference between a Canadian dime and a silver one. The reeds are slightly different. The reeds in the silver ones are similar to that of the clad ones.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom