What's new

Mini Silver Spill in the Park

Joined
Oct 5, 2014
Messages
31,916
Reaction score
35,440
Golden Thread
1
Location
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

After teaching today, I thought it might be fun to swing for an hour. There is an old trashy park many considered “hunted out”, so I have little, if any, competition located not far from my home that I’ve detected quite a bit. Being old, it’s very trashy but there are still goodies to be found if you are patient and work systematically when covering small areas at a time. Today, I expand my search pattern about 20 feet into the woods, thinking the park at one time was probably expanded to this area; an over the year’s plant and tree overgrowth has contracted the space. My suspicion was correct! The third target was really a multiple, a coin spill! The signal on the Minelab x-terra 705 (all metal) was a scratchy 34 at 8 inches. The spill contained three coins; two silver Mercury Dimes (1926 & 1929) and one Wheat cent (1919). Also found while hunting was a gold plated charm of some sort and clad coins. The trash take was fairly light for a change, with only about 25 pieces of (foil, pull tabs and small iron) junk.

Thank you for looking,

GL & HH

Doc

CAM00853.webp CAM00854.webp
 
Upvote 48
Congrats on the silver and other finds
 
Congrats! Great technique to pull those beauties out of hiding!
 
Nice finds, Doc.......Mercs have always been my favorite dime.......love seeing them recovered!!
 
Two Mercs in one hole is a nice way to find them. Congrats
 
Great find, great story! Congratulations! H Digs
 
Congrats on the merc spill, sweet short hunt!
 
Way to go on the silver man! Love the old coins!
 
Nice job on the pair of Mercs.
 
Well done sir. One hole, two silver coins... that is an efficient equation Professor!
 
Nice Going! I've found some pretty big modern day coins spill. I've always wanted and hoped for a HUGE silver coin spill. That would make my day!

tabman
 
Nice Digs Doc, pocket spills that contain silvers are great.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom