Mini tour of some of the Northern Territories...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We spent most of the day driving around 6 different farms to met 2 objectives;
1. show the farmers all of their seasons finds & split them.
2. check the availability of land, as we have run out of options.

We manage to see 2 farmers & show them the finds, & found out the availability of 2 others. The rest we will try later.

We were told about a 1 acre field that had been sprayed off & was going to be ploughed in 2 weeks. We went & had a look & it didn't seem very promising, so we gave it a 30 mins blast & luckily Cru'dad sneak out a modern silver. So the new streak is alive with only a 30 minute effort on a bad field.:laughing7:

Most importantly was the find of 2 ploughed fields that have wintered stumble & the weeds looked spray off. Not perfect but workable conditions for out next outing, so we have 2 more options.:icon_thumright: (Not sites, but may produce a light splatter of medieval)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 15
The silver streak continues ! PS> Check your mail for updates on the promising land sent yesterday

Well done , I be glad to find the modern silver (what date is on it ).?

Oh well 2 Continents 2 different goals.
Best
Davers

Any medieval would be amazing.

good luck on the two new spots, hopefully you two will find something worthy to make you smile. Although everything you find would make me smile. I guess that finding a new site to hunt is getting harder for you two, must be a lot of competition for places to hunt over there.

Nice finds and good luck on the new fields! :occasion14:

Well done , I be glad to find the modern silver (what date is on it ).?

Oh well 2 Continents 2 different goals.
Best
Davers

1921 Sixpence

good luck on the two new spots, hopefully you two will find something worthy to make you smile. Although everything you find would make me smile. I guess that finding a new site to hunt is getting harder for you two, must be a lot of competition for places to hunt over there.
It's getting harder to find Roman Sites, as we already have about 42. Competition is around but doesn't slow us down. We have the the dream team of skill sets that is hard to beat. Our only enemy is Time.

Any medieval would be amazing.
I know the next 2 fields will be sparse but I also know with lots of gridding & lots of acres covered it will lead to some Medieval, maybe a little Roman & there maybe the odd Bronze Age piece.

Good looking 6p Cru, and here's hoping you and Cru Dad have great finds on your future hunts. What is the brass? piece? Thx Ddf.

Good looking 6p Cru, and here's hoping you and Cru Dad have great finds on your future hunts. What is the brass? piece? Thx Ddf.
Its a late 19th C - early 20th C Horse harness piece called a Gap Loop (broken & stretched out)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back