gleaner1
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2009
- Messages
- 4,507
- Reaction score
- 1,039
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Gateway to the 1000 Islands
- Detector(s) used
- Sometime(s)
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
A dump for the train club-car trash -- outstanding! There's probably nowhere else you could find an assortment like this of liquor mini-bottles.gleaner1 said:Most of these came from what we call the railroad station dump, same dump as the quart flask, back in '95. What a dump!
I think I recognize some of this little bottles as miniatures of the larger, pint, fifth and quart-size bottles. These miniatures are just scaled-down versions of the larger bottles.gleaner1 said:<snip>
Notice the different designs. The small whiskeys are fancy because the molds were small, less time needed to make a nice fancy mold.
<snip>
gleaner1 said:I wish! Nope, upstate ny, not far from canada
I had a Mt Vernon qt long ago, pretty banged up, looked just like the mini I have, I also have the quart W & T, very similar to the mini. If you can find me a fifth or qt of the Bouvier's, I would like a chance to buy one. Thanks, gleaner1.A visit to a bottle show should turn up a good example of most of these bottles in a larger size. You're right to pick the Bouvier's as the one to find, I think. I don't recall ever seeing the larger bottle (but then, I wasn't really looking for one).gleaner1 said:Harry, good point, I always thought the minis were more fancy for some reason.I had a Mt Vernon qt long ago, pretty banged up, looked just like the mini I have, I also have the quart W & T, very similar to the mini. If you can find me a fifth or qt of the Bouvier's, I would like a chance to buy one. Thanks, gleaner1.
