What's new

miniature clay jug

mptilkins

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
michigan
Detector(s) used
lonestar
I found a very small jug it's clay about 4 1/2 inch tall 2 1/2 wide handle is only big enouph to fit a small rope or string . I took pics but don't no how to up load from my phone. it is tan mostly dark brown on top
 
sorry any idea what it was used for
 
Has it got a metal cap with small hole? It sounds like an after shave jug out in the 60s or 70s. I dont know what CO. put them out
 
If you where in a dump you may have found some Old Spice bottles to. Often found together.or in same area.
 
Without a pic it is difficult to ID.I have seen pure maple syrup in small clay bottles and also horseradish,mustard.
 
I did find a lot of bottles most of them daiting in the late 18- early 1900 canning liquir ect. cider or milk. this is the only clay jug intact I can't seem to find it on line. it looks as if it is some ones personal liquir jog you would string a rope through the handle and hang it around your neck. that's my guess can't find it on line though so I don't know not much of a colecter
 
If it's a part of a Nestle Tea set (circa 1972) , mptilkins, we'd clamour over each other to identify it.

PS... serious. :coffee2: <not a teacup!

PSS... must add, give yourself some time for photos. No one's in a rush. :icon_thumright:
 
Might be a sample jug.
Newt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom