What's new

Mining town relics and silver!!!!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2015
Messages
2,777
Reaction score
6,887
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Quick hunt yesterday and I found this thin silver coin. Right off the bat, maybe 4th swing. Ever slightly smaller than a regular dime. Alot thinner. Has ridges on edge. Probably one thin dime. After the ID on Mathurins coin I decided to take his advice and at least post it. Thanks for looking. I assume the silver plated handle is a parasol. I love the relics, not sure what the brass latch was used for. Found the relics on the last few hunts. Never found a key like this, anyone know what for? Fall is still here!!!! Hope you find gold before silver!!!
 

Attachments

  • _20151105_140039.webp
    _20151105_140039.webp
    125.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20151104_094143308.webp
    IMG_20151104_094143308.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20151104_092824866_HDR.webp
    IMG_20151104_092824866_HDR.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
  • _20151105_140013.webp
    _20151105_140013.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 18
I'm curious about that silver coin. Smaller than a dime as in half dime perhaps? Maybe a clean up with tinfoil/peroxide wouldn't hurt. Anyway, the key may be a clock winder. The square drive and size make it a likely candidate
 
Nice, it looks as if your Explorer is doing you justice.
 
I'm curious about that silver coin. Smaller than a dime as in half dime perhaps? Maybe a clean up with tinfoil/peroxide wouldn't hurt. Anyway, the key may be a clock winder. The square drive and size make it a likely candidate

Thanks for the post. Its smaller as if the ridges were worn off a regular dime. Looking at it again its dime size if it had all full ridges. Its just to thin to be a regular worn dime I think. It cleaned up nice but its hard to see to much detail now. Thanks for again for looking. I end up mulling these plain over more than a good one. Hope the ground is still soft out there!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20151106_142229118.webp
    IMG_20151106_142229118.webp
    721.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20151106_142204463.webp
    IMG_20151106_142204463.webp
    678.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20151106_142338815.webp
    IMG_20151106_142338815.webp
    681.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Huh, idk? That "5" seems to be in a weird spot on the coin?
 
Huh, idk? That "5" seems to be in a weird spot on the coin?

What "5"??

Based on your last set of pics your coin appears to be bigger than a dime. It looks like that coin has been in a campfire or something similar. Not sure it's going to be possible to ID that one.
 
I've narrowed it down to the rare Colorado hammered coin or a 1/3 rd dime. Just kidding! Thanks for looking, it wound be impressive to ID this coin. Happy hunting. My son just had a weird but true book where a woman found a lost ring 30 years later. It rose out of the ground on top of a carrot.!!!
 
Butt ugly; But silver!

aj
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom