Rich Hartford
Silver Member
Mint Suspends the Sale of Gold & Silver
The U.S Mint suspended the sale of Gold and Silver today.
Rich
The U.S Mint suspended the sale of Gold and Silver today.
Rich
Upvote
0

Rich Hartford said:I got the info from an alert letter from AMPMEX.
I haven't been to their website yet. It could well be that it is just the Eagles.
Rich
Rich Hartford said:Jim,
Thanks for the article. Is it just last year and this year that they have had the supensions? Is this an odd time of the year to stop production of these coins?
Rich
GS,golden silver said:Just some thoughts here but perhaps they are expecting a huge problem with the dollar. Or they are expecting a very quick spike in PM values. Haulting sale for a period will increase demand and give the government more control over market. I don't know if this is normal but it does not sound good.
Jim you are student of the great depression correct? After the original crash there was a recovery that lasted the better part of year. The market regained more than have of its previous value and people began to be optimistic. Then In late 1930 a second and more devastating crash came that left the country in a depression that lasted more than a decade. I have heard many well known economist on TV and in articles say that we are in for something similar. What do you think?
Golden Silver
golden silver said:Jim you are student of the great depression correct? After the original crash there was a recovery that lasted the better part of year. The market regained more than have of its previous value and people began to be optimistic. Then In late 1930 a second and more devastating crash came that left the country in a depression that lasted more than a decade. I have heard many well known economist on TV and in articles say that we are in for something similar. What do you think?
Golden Silver
Silversound said:I got the same alert and it definitely gave me the "this is not good" feeling. It also gave me the "I'm glad I'm stacked in PM's" feeling. I agree with the comments here - I feel there is an imminent correction - how deep I do not know, before the final upleg. Looking at the gold charts that cover the last few decades and comparing the parabolic nature of both our current bull market and the bull market in the early 80's shows how much farther we have to go before any kind of blowoff top - the vast majority of price gain occurs in a quite short amount of time. We're getting close to the final surge, it could come any day now, but I feel we do have a lot of headroom price-wise. In my opinion, it has a LONG way to go. That, and the fact that we're still in a 63:1 SGR which is quite far from the historical monetary mean of aprox 16:1 which is about where the SGR reverted to in the last major bull in the 80's. I've been trying to figure out the moves so as to trade the ratio but I do not have any solid feelers or strategy there as of yet. Historically, silver out-performs gold in the final stages of a PM bull and there's a lot of talk out there of silver being more rare than gold now due to industrial consumption and low production (though I've heard multiple conflicting things about the production/demand dynamics). One thing that intrigues me that I have never heard any info about is how much gold and silver does the US hold? My "price manipulation" sensor went off with regards to this whole suspension, as I can't conceive of any reason for it otherwise aside from some actual lack of supply - which to me is good either way! I would just be interested to see how the US would stand to benefit - if at all - from the price of gold and silver skyrocketing.
DigginThePast said:Fort Knox is empty.![]()
![]()
obediah said:DigginThePast said:Fort Knox is empty.![]()
![]()
Not quite, it is full of Tungsten that has been Gold plated.
Yup, cats outta the bag on that one.