Misc. Colonial

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found what seems to be a small scribe or punch, near where the chisel at the top of photo was found the day before yesterday. Both are dense and worn, definitely not nails. The decorative brass or copper object puzzles me. It's folded in half, a mirror image of itself, tapered like a cone so it might have adorned the opening of a cylindrical object. One of the smallest buttons of this type I have found and it is marked "plated." I've hit this area hard in four sessions with the Nox 800. Moving to other sites this weekend and hopes are high.

tres88.jpg

Upvote 10
Nice shako plume holder. Probably 1820s-40s

Last edited:
Cool relics, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Steve in PA. I'm learning and am so happy to pin some dates down to my hunting areas. tres89.jpg

Now I'm wondering if this piece on the right that I found last Fall is another variant.

tres90.jpg

Now I'm wondering if this piece on the right that I found last Fall is another variant.

View attachment 1842148
There is a possibility that other one is also a plume holder, but it's definitely different than most.

However, the stars on it do resemble the stars on the "Star of Stars" circa 1820s belt plate.
fe98b9f44835c00ce956e0357a193de8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Steve. The object on the right was found close to the ruins of a 1770 house, built and occupied one of my area's Revolutionary War heroes.

Thanks Steve. The object on the right was found close to the ruins of a 1770 house, built and occupied one of my area's Revolutionary War heroes.
That piece is not !8th century though. It looks to be contemporary with your shako plume holder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back