Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Loke wrote
Oro - count me amongst the confused as well - I can't make heads or tails of the new format either - no longer do I have any idea when there have been new postings - gotta look at the date (which doesn't mean much when it says 'today' or 'yesterday' - because I usually get a cached version) .. and I don't know whether I have posted there or not ...
Why the heck do they change something that was working perfectly - by far the best (and I don't mean content) of all the treasuresites.
And its called what? Progress? *sigh*
Well I don't need the aggravation, and probably won't be visiting the ALL NEW Treasurenet much in future.
Snakeeyes wrote
ORO look in the middle of the page above the first post on any page and you will spot the ( VIEW FIRST UNREAD) tab
is close to the bottom of the page hope that helps, its just gonna take some getting used to
Marty
and 2screwed wrote
if you go to the top of the page and click on settings and then view all subscribed threads all the subscribed threads will show up.
regular threads with no new posts are grey files.
regular threads with new posts are blue files.
hot threads are gold colored files.
hot threads with new posts have a blue ribbon on the file.
hot threads with no new posts have a red ribbon on the file.
files with a circle on the file are threads you have posted in.
files with a lock on the file are closed threads.

remember to refresh your original page if you open a new page to read each thread or they will still show up as unread on the original page.
Does that look like it is easier or more convenient that the OLD function of NEW REPLIES to my posts to you? It looks like a major nuisance to me and un-necessary complications. Thanks for your attempted help but this system is not as good as the old, and in a major time consuming, nuisance sort of way. I for one hate it and this only aggravates me.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. Please do not ask me any questions here on T-net for the chances are that I will never see them.
Oroblanco

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Loke wrote
Oro - count me amongst the confused as well - I can't make heads or tails of the new format either - no longer do I have any idea when there have been new postings - gotta look at the date (which doesn't mean much when it says 'today' or 'yesterday' - because I usually get a cached version) .. and I don't know whether I have posted there or not ...
Why the heck do they change something that was working perfectly - by far the best (and I don't mean content) of all the treasuresites.
Well I don't need the aggravation, and probably won't be visiting the ALL NEW Treasurenet much in future.
Snakeeyes wrote
ORO look in the middle of the page above the first post on any page and you will spot the ( VIEW FIRST UNREAD) tab
is close to the bottom of the page hope that helps, its just gonna take some getting used to
Marty
and 2screwed wrote
if you go to the top of the page and click on settings and then view all subscribed threads all the subscribed threads will show up.

remember to refresh your original page if you open a new page to read each thread or they will still show up as unread on the original page.
Does that look like it is easier or more convenient that the OLD function of NEW REPLIES to my posts to you? It looks like a major nuisance to me and un-necessary complications. Thanks for your attempted help but this system is not as good as the old, and in a major time consuming, nuisance sort of way. I for one hate it and this only aggravates me.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. Please do not ask me any questions here on T-net for the chances are that I will never see them.
Oroblanco

All I can say is WOW! If one click of the mouse is to inconvenient for you then you must have been looking for a reason to leave anyway. I have read many of your posts in the past month and have enjoyed most of them. I'm sure you will be missed.
I hope the information i provided above will help some of you navigate the new/old site a little easier.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What if I cant remember what file is what colour? This is silly!

OK, I really like this thread and don't want to "hijack" it or get it off track so this is my last post on this subject. Yes, Yes your welcome. lol
For those of you that can't remember the color blue or might be color blind (one step ahead of you miapenrai.) Just click on settings at the top of the page. When you click on it all the threads you are subscribed to that have new replies/posts will show up.
Happy trails,
2s

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Loke wrote
Snakeeyes wrote
Marty
and 2screwed wrote

Oroblanco

All I can say is WOW! If one click of the mouse is to inconvenient for you then you must have been looking for a reason to leave anyway. I have read many of your posts in the past month and have enjoyed most of them. I'm sure you will be missed.
I hope the information i provided above will help some of you navigate the new/old site a little easier.
2S:
My first day on a battlefield I didn't start tellin the General how to fight the war . Alienating Oro is going to lose you a lot of potentially valuable friends before you even get started ......... Food for thought .................

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Loke wrote
Snakeeyes wrote
Marty
and 2screwed wrote

Oroblanco

2S:
My first day on a battlefield I didn't start tellin the General how to fight the war . Alienating Oro is going to lose you a lot of potentially valuable friends before you even get started ......... Food for thought .................

I didn't try to tell the "general" how to fight the war, i tried to help a fellow member find what he wanted to find. People tried to help him in several threads with the same results. I stand by what I said.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
2Screwed wrote

Ah, one click was all that was required with the NEW REPLIES function you used to have here, and the "My Posts" pulls up sixteen (16) pages of them, and I sure don't have the time or inclination to go back through over 5000 posts to "subscribe" to them. It has been a week since my last visit here, and you guys still do not have that simple, effective and efficient function, apparently you are not planning to.
Oroblanco

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen R E L A X. Both have valid points. Also many do NOT have hi speed connections.

Don Jose de La Mancha
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Jose!!!!!! Nice to see your words My Friend!!! :notworthy:

Seems where Trucker and I live, Our Internet is Like: Tying a string to the tail of a Turtle, With the message attached.. Then sending him on his way!!! :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Don Jose ,
All of us idiots in this village are missing you . Please enlighten us further with more of your experiences :hello:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON JOSE,
THE FORCE IS STRONG IN YOU. USE IT TO BRING EVERYONE BACK. IF WE CAN JUMP START THIS SITE MANY LOST SOULS WILL RETURN AND START A RIPPLE EFFECT.
THERE IS NO CURE FOR THIS ADDICTION.

THE BEST TREATMENT IS TO SUBSCRIBE TO ALL OF OUR OLD FRIENDS SITES, AND THIS ONE IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER READ.

BLESS US WITH YOUR WITT AND WISDOM, MY FRIEND.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, I HAVE MOST OF THE BUGS OUT OF MY "GOLD HAMMER HAND DREDGE". A FEW MORE TRIPS AND IT WILL BE READY TO TEST OUT FOR HEAVIES,

WHEN I POST PICS YOU WILL KNOW WHY I CALL IT THE GOLD HAMMER. .... WISH ME LUCK.
BUT LET'S GET THIS THREAD RUNNING AGAIN SOON.

I FEEL MY MEDICATION KICKING IN, SO I'LL GET OFF FOR NOW.

GOOD LUCK, TAKE CARE AND ABOVE ALL , GOD BLESS.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back Ladies & Gentlemen: Appol, but Ihave been extremely busy, Am closing up an operation for the summer rainy season, of which I am one of the CO officers and getting the accounts etc. in order, and storing the equipment. . Nope, I don't get paid unless it is a success, but mi ever luvin is the co. administator. It is a Mexican sub of a Canadian Exploration co. SHE gets paid?? ME ??

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
None the less , my friend ; all us idiots of this village are missing you . Give us some peace with another story , puuleeese :notworthy:

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Trucknbutch: An up date till I can post another. I was sending up a team to Tayopa this Thursday to start some work, when I received these em's from an associate.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
no, porque no se si es verdad lo que me dijeron. Si es cierto, no los van a dejar pasar y espero que ahi termine la cosa. El debe saber como está la situación por allá. Recuerda que el viejito que vino con ellos a Obregón dijo que ellos estaban muy bien con la gente del Chapo y que sus hijos andaban ahí. Que a unos kilómetros estqban los Zetas, pero que no había problemas con su seguridad. Espero que el pleito no haya sido con la gente del Chapo y la busqueda pueda realizarse. Conclusión: Las cosas por allá no están fáciles. Las barras están bien protegidas por los espíritus de los 180 indigenas muertos y toda esa gente que quiere controlar el tráfico.

To:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.es
Subject: RE:
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 07:42:48 -0600
}
Voy a decir este a Cesar no?

To: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 08:30:12 -0500

Por un lado que bueno, por el otro, me dijeron que está muy caliente por allá. que hace poco los habitantes de la sierra oscura mataron a varios forasteros que querían sacarlos de su pueblo y que ahora cuidan la entrada de la gente en el puerto bonito.

To: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 07:00:59 -0600
Estoy mandando un grupo a Tayopa para comenzar el trabajo Juevas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They say that they have killed some people up there and that the narcos control the access, on one side are the Zetas, on the other the Sinaloa group. Tayopa is more or less in middle sigh.

Who said that Treasure hunitng isn't fun?

Don Jose de La Mancha

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don José, Las putas de drogas ya vivir donde usted y su mulita una vez habitaron en la voluntad, que me dice, están en su casa de mi amigo!

Double dipped, and freshly squeezed.. From Trucker's right sock!! :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Don José, Las putas de drogas ya vivir donde usted y su mulita una vez habitaron en la voluntad, que me dice, están en su casa de mi amigo!

Double dipped, and freshly squeezed.. From Trucker's right sock!! :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:
Dang It , Boy ! I told ya not to use that sock . I sometimes dampen the right one when I take 4 steps from the fire in the middle of the night :BangHead:

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The action sorta reminds me of the time my partner and I were backpacking down the west coast of Mexico in the 50's. There were 'no' roads then what-so-ever, then just trails.
We hadn't seen any sign of people for three days except for one spot where a set of bare feet came out of the jungle to the beach and a hole in the sand, with broken Turtle eggs shells scattered around.

We made camp in a wide dry arroyo for protection from the early morning breeze which to us was cold, since we were now acclimated, but had only one blanket apiece..
After dinner as it grew dark we just watched the play of phosphorescence in the multiple lines of the waves, It was beautiful, similar to sheet lightning, but in continuous multiple layers. You could actually walk by the light from the waves with no moon light.

We were quietly enjoying the view when I heard my partner hiss. I looked up and saw two figures, bent over, as if hiding, running towards our camp ???
We both had trained extensively with our pistols for over a year, before starting out, so we were confident of our ability, so we withheld our fire until the last moment. Just as they reached the 'no' pass line they slowed down and stood erect.

They were two, slightly drunk, Indians that had their arms full of tortillas, fresh corn tamales,and misc fruit which they were bringing to us from a party further up the beach - no, we had no idea they were there .
When I explained to them how they almost joined their ancestors, they sobered up and apologized, they had broken the unwritten code of the bush / jungle of announcing your approaching to a camp by singing or whistling.

In any event, we found just how generous the Indians in the bush or jungle are, Thy simply knew that we were there and brought their arms full of goodies for 3 kilometers to share with us. We spent the next three days enjoying each others company hunting and fishing while they added some survival data to ours. Then they packed up and returned to the bush.

Before they left, I gave each woman a large needle and 20 meters of strong thread, while the men received 10 hi speed .22 cartridges each, the universal exchange in the Jungle at that time. Money was worthless. One woman almost cried over her needle, she had been using a cactus thorn with the fibrous thread still attached. I think that every metal pot, cup or utensil was individually bit or thumped, they had never seen metal pots, plates, or cups before.

Life can be interesting and fun.

p.s. there was absolutley no man made junk on the beach, just clean sparkling sand day after day.

Don Jose de La Mancha

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT STORY, DON JOSE. I COULD ALMOST SMELL THE SALT FROM THE OCEAN.
IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU WRITING AGAIN.

:coffee2:
MIKEL

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to hear from you again, I would offer you coffee, but can't seem to locate it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread