Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Boy ! Glad I caught it in time . Thump box had shifted on it's scaffold and the in and out lines were pinched . Coulda ruined the whole run and the rig .:BangHead:
Wrong way to steal chickens ,
All night bonfire/pond party in the country community . Shared tasks . Some had to come up with booze . Others had to go steal melons and sweet corn , ect from local gardens .
Me and Eddie , being the newbies, were tasked with stealing the chickens from a neighbor nobody liked . We sneaked into his chicken coop and just snatched the chickens off the roost by the legs . The squaking would have awakened the dead !
We were running away , side by side with an upside down squaking , flapping chicken in each hand , when the 12gauge went off 3 times .
Old boy killed 4 chickens and peppered us well enough that I still feel that I should eat chicken standing up .

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
17-18 years ago, Trucker knows, Bob Blake.. His grandson Jessie and I ran together fer some years, We were 2 ornery summa guns.. Couldn't hold a candle to Truckin's Ornery self but we were givin it heck..

Now Bob had him one of those Shanghai fightin roosters, He drug behind him a tail feather that was at least 24-28 inches.. Now he would only mind Ol Bob, Everybody else got chased and flogged.. So Jessie and I were into our ornery ways one day.. Found out that bottle rockets fly through small diameter Pvc pipe like a dart gun, And very accurate.. So we took it upon ourselves to chase The Ol longtail around shooting bottle rockets at him like missles.. Watching him dance like the chicken he was.. Til my shot got him right in the Butt, when the bottle rocket popped it burnt off the prized feather.. Well Jesse's Pap took a 6' 2x2 to him.. I was spared.... :coffee2:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:coffee2: you guys should be nice to critters! I should have learned about hogs as a kid. Didn,t though. We would accidentally long range one with a bb gun sometimes :thumbsup:and made great sport of stalking them with bow and arrow using blunts made by slipping spent brass over tips. When i started raising them my self i decided to take a biggin to butcher shop .built him a fancy ramp to truck but he would not commit. Yes i should have covered his head and tried to drive him or something but patient youth that i was i took a rope,gave it a turn round a post sized hardwood,had a stout neighbor hold it and lassoed the hog. Folks
That got interesting! After a little bit hog wore out,nose turned blue and was loaded in truck. After that i did my own butchering. One time instead of using a 22 to stun one i grabbed a 410 with slug, shot em just above and between the eyes. The energy transfer broke a hind leg.:BangHead: when Dad used to hang a carcass we would"guard" it from birds with our rifles,ever mindfull of his offer to kick us in our butts till our noses bled if we touched it.

Last edited:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I never stole any chickens or anything else, although on boy I used to hang around with some would steal eggs and suck them. He loved sucking raw eggs. Also I had a dog who loved to suck eggs too. Chickens must have been out of reach so they did the next best thing. rockhound

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I never stole any chickens or anything else, although on boy I used to hang around with some would steal eggs and suck them. He loved sucking raw eggs. Also I had a dog who loved to suck eggs too. Chickens must have been out of reach so they did the next best thing. rockhound
Eggs don't squack . Easier to get away with .

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Lessons learned from stealing chichens the wrong way :
If you get shot and can keep moving ; Keep Moving !
Hang on to what you got , if possible . We escaped with our dead chickens .......
A lot of #4 shot will come back out of the entries in soft tissue if you keep moving.
Eddie Thrasher's grandma was good at pickin out shot that hadn't come out and would accept
fresh dead chickens for her services .
My friend Jim Brock , a great American that could steal your radio and leave your music , taught us the proper way to steal chickens .:laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Poorhunter accused me of being more ornery than him . Taint so ! I just took a cue from the 'chicken eatin preachers 'in my community .
If I wasn't wipin my lips or zippin my pants , I was stuffin money in my pocket ......................

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRAT'S POORHUNTER!!
THE STORY ABOUT THE HOG AND RAMP REMINDED ME OF AN EVENT FROM MY YOUTH. IT WAS HAY SEASON IN THE OZARKS, AND FOR ANY OF US BOYS THAT COULD SEE OVER THE DASH THAT MEANT WE WERE HEADED TO THE FIELDS WITH MY DAD AND UNCLE. AFTER CLEARING THE LAST OF THE HAY FROM THE NEIGHBOR'S FIELD, HE ASKED US TO HELP HIM CORRAL HIS NEW BULL. HE WAS A BIG ONE AND FELL IN LOVE WITH ANYTHING THAT SAID MOO. AFTER MENDING SEVERAL FENCES THE NEIGHBOR DECIDED TO PUT A RING IN HIS NOSE WITH AN EIGHT POUND BALL WITH A FEW FEET OF CHAIN. WE CHASED HIM DOWN AND TRAPPED HIM BETWEEN TWO HAY TRUCKS AND THE CORRAL FENCE, WHEN THE RING SNAPPED THRU HIS NOSE EVERYTHING CHANGED FOR THE BIG OLE ROMEO. FOR SOME REASON HE THOUGHT THAT IF HE SPUN AROUND FAST ENOUGH THAT BALL AND CHAIN WOULD TURN LOOSE. IT TOOK ONLY TWO OR THREE MINUTES FOR HIM TO DESTROY BOTH HAY TRUCKS AND THE ENTIRE CORRAL BY SPINNING AROUND LIKE A TORNADO. AS THE BULL TOPPED THE HILL, STILL SPINNING, HEADED FOR THE HIGHWAY, MY UNCLE ASKED HIM IF HE NEEDED HELP CHASING DOWN THE BULL, THE OLD MAN LOOKED AT THE TRUCKS AND WHAT WAS LEFT OF THE CORRAL, SCRATCHED HIS CHIN AND SAID "WHAT BULL?"
FORTUNATE FOR US, THE HAY TRUCKS BELONGED TO HIM.
WE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT IT AFTER THAT DAY.

MIKEL
:occasion14:

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Ladies & gentelmen of the jury, I rest my case on Trucker and assoc. snicker

Don Jose de La mancha .
Please , Don Jose ,
It is true that I played for the opposite team during my misspent youth . I did , however, become a productive member of society for over 40 years . Put 3 little girls through college . NPA that is also a nursing teacher at a local university and farmer , clinical phsycologist that worked many years in state prison systems , and a therapist that focuses on autistic children and disabled war veterans . Helped my son become a certified commercial electrician placed with a very good firm .
Got 6 grandkids that I actively help lead alond the good path .
Surely that will balance the scale to some degree in this court of public opinion by a jury of my peers .

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
CONGRAT'S POORHUNTER!!
THE STORY ABOUT THE HOG AND RAMP REMINDED ME OF AN EVENT FROM MY YOUTH. IT WAS HAY SEASON IN THE OZARKS, AND FOR ANY OF US BOYS THAT COULD SEE OVER THE DASH THAT MEANT WE WERE HEADED TO THE FIELDS WITH MY DAD AND UNCLE. AFTER CLEARING THE LAST OF THE HEY FROM THE NEIGHBOR'S FIELD, HE ASKED US TO HELP HIM CORRAL HIS NEW BULL. HE WAS A BIG ONE AND FELL IN LOVE WITH ANYTHING THAT SAID MOO. AFTER MENDING FENCES THE NEIGHBOR DECIDED TO PUT A RING IN HIS NOSE WITH AN EIGHT POUND BALL WITH A FEW FEET OF CHAIN. WE CHASED HIM DOWN AND TRAPPED HIM BETWEEN TWO HAY TRUCKS AND THE CORRAL FENCE, WHEN THE RING SNAPPED THRU HIS NOSE EVERYTHING CHANGED FOR THE BIG OLE ROMEO. FOR SOME REASON HE THOUGHT THAT IF HE SPUN AROUND FAST ENOUGH THAT BALL AND CHAIN WOULD TURN LOOSE. IT TOOK ONLY TWO OR THREE MINUTES FOR HIM TO DESTROY BOTH HAY TRUCKS AND THE ENTIRE CORRAL BY SPINNING AROUND LIKE A TORNADO. AS THE BULL TOPPED THE HILL, STILL SPINNING, HEADED FOR THE HIGHWAY, MY UNCLE ASKED HIM IF HE NEEDED HELP CHASING DOWN THE BULL, THE OLD MAN LOOKED AT THE TRUCKS AND WHAT WAS LEFT OF THE CORRAL, SCRATCHED HIS CHIN AND SAID "WHAT BULL?"

WE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT IT AFTER THAT DAY.

MIKEL
My buddy Brock bought a MEAN bull for $5 , range delivery . That meant that he had to pick this 1200#bull up in the field where he was running . He didn't have a cow truck . That's where he recruited me , cause I did . 2 ton GMC with a 20' body and a drop ramp . Plan was that we would park in the field and drop the ramp . Brock would get the bull to chase him while I hid under the ramp to close it when the bull chased him into the truck .
That part of the plan worked fine . Brock got the bull chasing him and ran up the ramp and jumped over the top in the front with the bull chasing him and I started raising the ramp to trap him .
Had the ramp level when the bull turned and raced out to the end of the ramp to escape . Kinda sunk me right into the ground .
.30/06 and range butchering got us the meat after I recovered a bit from being smooshed .

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUTCH, MY STORY WAS FUNNY, BUT YOURS HAD A PERSONAL ENJURY WHICH TRUMPS MINE. ANY TIME YOU LIVE THRU A STORY THAT GOOD YOU SHOULD GET A STANDING OVATION.....
:hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::headbang::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::icon_thumleft::hello2::hello2:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:coffee2: had tickets been sold or videos been taken there would have been some money in these stories. There is some hope at the end St. Peter won,t just hand us a pot of truckinbutch sock coffee and wave us away. Papers could get lost,or a tunnel found. Would be great to get into that big library to find Padre Don Jose at head of table with his many friends reviewing his book(s).maybe after ,a trip to foothills. :treasurechest: then campfire and clean Oro coffee. We will just have to pray harder for some.(not mentioning any names).

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:Thanks Everyone! Wife went and got blood work this morning.. she is about 7 weeks along.. :binkybaby:

When My buddy Greg's pap was ready to band calves.. All us youngins got the call to be at the farm by a perticular time.. We were all rounded up for cattle chasin.. Well the older brothers got the easy job, Us youngins were left to do the chasin... His pap would run em all in the mud pit in the bottom of the barn.. Then seperate them in there.. The ones to be banded were run into a chute, Where their heads were locked in... Now Ol Pap saved his rubber bands from the daily paper to use as bag banders.. He just kept looping them over till they were tight enough.. Us younging were out beside the chute throwing rocks at one another, Being the Ornery kids we were... When I heard one of the older brothers Steven yell.. He had a forked stick with a heap of fresh cow dookie ready to fire at one of us youngins... Well he launched it to hit any of us youngins there, He was off target.. It flung right by his pap's head and splattered on the block of the barn basement, That was a foot from where he stood... When Ol pap looked up and saw what just missed him.. You'd thought the world just stopped turning, Pap came outta the chute, ran him down... Wooo Wheee...

It has been 7-8 years since I was last at the barn, But there was still dookie, Or dookie stain on the block.. That happened about 20 years ago!

Made from a Black & Decker Pot... No Sock, This Time! :laughing9: :coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeze guys, you play rough. Since I was the golden haired boy, I was only hit with milk squirts. The barn cat just automatically followed me around . I even got it through a knot hole that I was using to check to see if it was all clear.

Truckin butch, You story reminds me of our attempt to corrral the wild Charolois in Yaqui terriroy, for tomorrow since I can't equal your booboo. do they still call you shorty?

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twas back in the 50's. After hiking half way down Mexico's almost uninhabited west coast, My partner and I had turned inland and hit patches of pure jungle growth. We were recutting the remains of old paths that had been cut before, since they were going our way. We had been on the trail for weeks getting in condition to go to the Border of British Honduras to look for Mayan ruins

One day while cutting trail, my partner suddenly took off his pack, threw it on the ground then sat on it???? We hadn't seen anyone for a week.

When I stopped cutting, I was lead cutter at the time, and turned around to see what was up, he lit a cigarette then said "it's no use. we are through, we are done, we will die here. but no-one will ever find us????

"hot-- ell are you saying" I asked a bit confused, he replied "It is just no use Jose, we are going to die here". "Die ?? are you nuts? we are doing just what we have trained and planned for, for almost two years. We have 3 cooked Chacalacas, Rice, Beans, etc., plenty of food, water etc." ??

"Nope" he said 'it is just no use" ?? HMM "OK" I said, "I'll let your family know what happened to you" and turned around and continued cutting, About 15 minutes later I head him calling from back down the trail "Jose Jose, where are you"? I didn't say anything, just kept cutting.

He quickly caught up wth me as I had planned. I still didn't say anything, however, after a whie, said "Let's cut back to the beach and rest for a few days" He agreed, and a few days later we were on the beautiful, unspoiled beach again.

I never mentioned this to him again , and he only gave me trouble once more when we ran out of water for two days, but found it on the third day. Nope we didn't die.

One day, while we were at that beautiful beach I spotted a 6 ft shark in very shallow water. Since shark meat is good chomping, I grabbed my Machete, a 30" colins, pistol, and went into the surf after him. When the shark heard me, he turned towards me and started coming, apparently he wanted dinner also.

We played 'circle around each other' several times then mutually decided to get the 'H' out of there.

My partner was laughing his arse off in the small hut that we had constructed. sheesh.

The picture is of him on what would become a major 4 lane highway down the west coast of Mexico. He actually was one tough guy.

Don Jose de La Mancha

.jpgmy.jpg

Last edited:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the climate between ol Mexico and honduras is that much of an incline? You did not give that shark a whack with your machette?

:coffee2::coffee2: And for those who wrestled, Were trampled and stampeded by Cows :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread