What's new

Misc Finds from 01-10-2009 through 01-26-2009

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a bit behind on my posting so I thought I would just lump some misc that I have searched and not posted about previously all into one thread.

52 rolls of half dollars
$402 in loose half dollars ($400 in one bag)
2 - $1000 bags of quarters
1 - $1000 bag of dimes
1 - $200 bag of nickels
4 - $50 bags of pennies

52 rolls of half dollars...skunk

$400 in half dollars from a coin machine bag at a bank I had never stopped at before...
11 - 40% Kennedy (1965(2), 1966(2), 1967(3), 1968-D(2), 1969-D(2))
3 NIFC (2006-P(2), 2006-D)
1 Error (1982-P No Initials)

Quarter bag #1
------------------
A few (5?) Canadian quarters that I mixed in with others prior to documenting them
This bag was loaded with older state quarters in almost perfect condition. It appears someone dumped their state quarter roll collection.

Quarter Bag #2
-------------------
1 pre-1965 Washington (1964-D)

14 Canadian (1974(2), 1975, 1978, 1979(3), 1982, 1985, 1986(2), 1988, 2002-P, 2007-RCM)

1 Foreign (Australia, 10 Cents (1991))

1 Dime


Dime Bag
-----------
2 pre-1965 Roosevelt (1948-D, 1963-D)

14 Canadian (1971, 1975, 1978(3), 1979, 1986(2), 1998, 2001-P Volunteers, 2002-P, 2003-P Uncrowned, 2006-RCM, 2008-RCM)

1 Foreign (Netherland, 1 Euro Cent (2000))

3 Quarters
2 Pennies


Nickel Bag
------------
1 - 1939-S <---- still needed for my roll of this variety.
1 - 1943-S War Nickel
1 - 1944-D War Nickel (very nice shape)
1 - 1949-S <---- still needed for my roll of this variety.
51 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1939, 1940(2), 1940-D(2), 1940-S, 1941(5), 1942(3), 1946(2), 1946-D, 1946-S, 1948-D, 1949, 1951-D, 1953(2), 1954, 1954-D, 1954-S, 1955-D(5), 1956-D(2), 1957-D(7), 1958-D(4), 1959-D(7))

14 Canadian (1965, 1968, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1982, 1983, 1985, 1986(2), 1994(2), 2002-P)

4 Foreign (Great Britain, 1 New Penny (1988), Jamaica, 5 Dollars (1995), Netherlands, 5 Euro Cents (2001), Spain, 5 Euro Cents (2001))

2 Dimes
1 Penny
3 Namco Arcade Tokens


Penny Bag #1
-----------------
4 wheat pennies (1935-D, 1945, 1956-D, 1958-D)

38 Canadian (1964, 1969, 1971, 1973(2), 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980(3), 1981(3), 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1992, 1993(3), 1994, 1995, 1997(2), 1998(2), 1999(3), 2000, 2001, 2002(2), 2004(3))

1 Dime

Penny Bag #2
-----------------
17 wheat pennies (1940, 194X-D, 1944-D, 1945(3), 1945-D, 1946-D(2), 1947-D, 1948-D, 1949, 1957-D(3), 1958-D(2))

21 Canadian (1963, 1967, 1971, 1972, 1976, 1978(2), 1979, 1980, 1985, 1986, 1987(3), 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1998, 2005)

1 Foreign (Bahamas, 1 Cent (2004))

1 Quarter

Penny Bag #3
-----------------
16 wheat pennies (1941, 1942, 1944-S, 1946-D, 1947, 1949-D, 1950-D, 1951-D, 1952-D, 1954-D, 1955-S, 1956, 1956-D, 1957-D(2), 1958)

25 Canadian (1953 No Shoulder Fold, 1962, 1965, 1968, 1973, 1974(3), 1976, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984(2), 1985, 1986, 1991, 1996(2), 2001, 2003-P Uncrowned, 2004, 2005, 2006-RCM, 2007-RCM)

1 Foreign (Jamaica, 1 Dollar (1999))

3 Quarters

Penny Bag #4
-----------------
12 wheat pennies (1919-S, 1944-S, 1945, 1946, 1946-D, 1949-D, 1952-D, 1953-D(3), 1956-D(2))

22 Canadian (1943, 1964, 1972, 1975, 1978(3), 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989(2), 1991, 1993, 1995, 1998(2), 1999(3), 2001, 2005)
 
Upvote 0
Neat finds, I'd keep 39 d and s, etc even if you fill a roll

HH
-GC
 
That is a whole red book
 
You make me jealous! I would love to get my hands on some bags :). No banks near me will sell them.

Great finds!!
 
goldencoin said:
Neat finds, I'd keep 39 d and s, etc even if you fill a roll

HH
-GC

I have been keeping all pre-1960's even if I multiple rolls of them... :)

I only have a few (maybe 10 to 12) thousand extras (above my roll set and books) of them right now... ;)
 
I'm still filling my book- missing 38D, 55, and of course, 50 D. I have designated certain dates with mintages of about 10 Million or less as keepers. The rest I release in solid rolls of pre-60's, hoping that they will some day become dream rolls.

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom