What's new

MISC

old digger

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
7,554
Reaction score
7,441
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
''MISC''

folder 3 001.webp Belemnites

folder 3 004.webp Baculites

folder 3 008.webp Fossil Leaf

folder 3 002.webp Dino bone

folder 3 009.webp Gastroliths (gizzard stones)

folder 3 006.webp Coprolites (Dino dodo)

folder 3 007.webp Gypsum Crystals

folder 3 003.webp Obsidian

folder 3 005.webp Agate
 
:hello: Thank You Harry!
 
Nice spread, Dennis! Gotta love those gizzard stones. :occasion14:
 
I never hunted fossils. What is a 'Belemnite'? They look like long, skinny bullets.
 
Makes me wanna hunt Montana!
 
I never hunted fossils. What is a 'Belemnite'? They look like long, skinny bullets.


Blemnoids are an extinct group of marine cephalopod, very similar in many ways to modern squid and closely related to the modern cuttlefish.


as-ld-orthoceras182.gif
 
Last edited:
How did you identify the gastrolith, did you Find a full dinosaur skeleton with them in the belly?
 
How did you identify the gastrolith, did you Find a full dinosaur skeleton with them in the belly?


Experience, and the area is known to produce these rocks dispite the abundance of actual fossils. This last year a dig by a university from back east found a skeleton with these gastroliths impounded together.
 
I have been looking to get some gastroliths for some time now. Does anybody know where I could purchase some? I am disabled so I can't really go dig some up for myself. Thanks
 
Excellent variety old digger! :thumbsup:
Haven't heard from you in a while, All OK.:hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom