What's new

Miss you Steve

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
1,242
Reaction score
206
Golden Thread
0
Two years ago today we lost a very good friend here [ Larson 1951] miss you Steve.
 
Upvote 0
This forum just isn't the same without the likes of Steve and Americus sharing their finds with us. RIP Steve.
 
Didn't know Steve but sounds like we lost a great guy and lot of info. RIP
 
Steve was a good, good man. Nobody he reached out to will ever forget him, and he thought the world of TNet and its members. He had a heart as big as all outdoors. It was an honor to know such a man.
 
Sometimes Steve and I would talk while I was on a long haul, it made the miles go by quicker. He was a super good man and is missed a lot by many.:sad7:
 
I consider all of you very lucky to have known him. I'm quite interested in the Mandan and of course Steve's posts come up on every search.
WOW, his posts are incredible! So much I would have liked to discuss with him.
Like this one for example........
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/north-american-indian-artifacts/420297-buffalo-scapula-shovels-mandan-pottery.html
For a hundred years, the academia community in Manitoba preached the local Native groups were nomadic.
Then in the 1980's the same bison bone scapula's were found at Lockport, Manitoba and the history books changed!
The earliest explorers went to visit the Mandan to trade for their seeds, as they had many variety of vegetables and grain.
Who do you think taught the Natives here how to farm? We had our own "Mandan trail" that people were traveling for millennia.
Especially as the Mandan were the Keepers of the precious Knife River Flint.
Sure, all of you miss Steve but I never even got a chance to meet him! So much to talk about but I'm thankful we still have his posts.
I plan on reviving many Larson posts in the near future!
 
Steve was a good man with a good heart, He used to send what he called "gum drop scrapers" thumb scrapers to my late wife she loved them. I remember when my wife was sick and we knew she didn't have too long, he called and talked to her it made her smile and feel better. I think of Steve every time I look at my Mandan Artifacts.
 
Miss ya buddy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom