What's new

Missing leg on the R 1936 penny

Acagedrebel

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
81
Reaction score
173
Golden Thread
0
Location
Columbus ,Ms
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max ,Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EBBFFC12-CE89-4F7D-83D0-B03599C9B44E.webp
EBBFFC12-CE89-4F7D-83D0-B03599C9B44E.webpI’ve noticed today the while I was closely looking at some wheaties that the leg the R in liberty is missing on my 1936 penny was this common for that year or what .. thank y’all
 
I can't tell for sure from the pictures if it is a filled die or just damage. My guess would be damage as the whole coin is pretty heavily scratched. Better close up pictures would help.
 
Upvote 0
I have to agree with Mr. Cutler, probably a surface scratch. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • EBBFFC12-CE89-4F7D-83D0-B03599C9B44E-crop.webp
    EBBFFC12-CE89-4F7D-83D0-B03599C9B44E-crop.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0
I agree on damage. There is also a gouge in the B.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom