MichaelB Sr. Member Joined Aug 13, 2005 Messages 469 Reaction score 142 Golden Thread 0 Location Mobile Bay, Alabama Aug 5, 2018 #1 I found this in a the now destroyed midden mound. Any idea why the effigy is? Bullfrog? Attachments IMG_2354.webp 1.3 MB · Views: 137 Upvote 0
sandchip Silver Member Joined Oct 29, 2010 Messages 4,374 Reaction score 6,934 Golden Thread 0 Location Georgia Detector(s) used Teknetics T2SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 5, 2018 #2 Helluva shard.
arrow86 Silver Member Joined May 6, 2014 Messages 3,377 Reaction score 4,083 Golden Thread 0 Location Eastern Shore Maryland Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 5, 2018 #3 Really cool .... ninja turtle ? Jk not sure but would love to have seen it intact
joshuaream Silver Member Joined Jun 25, 2009 Messages 3,174 Reaction score 4,547 Golden Thread 0 Location Florida & Hong Kong Aug 5, 2018 #4 arrow86 said: Really cool .... ninja turtle ? Jk not sure but would love to have seen it intact Click to expand... Soft shelled turtle was what I was thinking when I saw it.
arrow86 said: Really cool .... ninja turtle ? Jk not sure but would love to have seen it intact Click to expand... Soft shelled turtle was what I was thinking when I saw it.
T trdking Gold Member Joined Feb 28, 2015 Messages 5,148 Reaction score 7,926 Golden Thread 0 Location Fullerton CA Detector(s) used Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 5, 2018 #5 That is one of the most awesome shards I have ever seen! It is definitely a mouth and nose of a human face. If you had the whole jug it would be priceless
That is one of the most awesome shards I have ever seen! It is definitely a mouth and nose of a human face. If you had the whole jug it would be priceless
MichaelB Sr. Member Joined Aug 13, 2005 Messages 469 Reaction score 142 Golden Thread 0 Location Mobile Bay, Alabama Aug 7, 2018 Thread Owner #6 I think it is a turtle Great guess! I think it is from a turtle bowl which makes sense with this coming from the Mobile Delta. Attachments IMG_2359.webp 103 KB · Views: 78
I think it is a turtle Great guess! I think it is from a turtle bowl which makes sense with this coming from the Mobile Delta.
MichaelB Sr. Member Joined Aug 13, 2005 Messages 469 Reaction score 142 Golden Thread 0 Location Mobile Bay, Alabama Aug 7, 2018 Thread Owner #7 Turtle Bowl Turtle Bowl Attachments IMG_2360.webp 45.4 KB · Views: 63
arrow86 Silver Member Joined May 6, 2014 Messages 3,377 Reaction score 4,083 Golden Thread 0 Location Eastern Shore Maryland Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 7, 2018 #8 Sure looks like it .... cool find
Treasure_Hunter Administrator ⛮ Administrator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jul 27, 2006 Messages 56,435 Reaction score 72,663 Golden Thread 0 Aug 8, 2018 #9 Found this example on line.
F filmiracl Sr. Member Joined Nov 13, 2015 Messages 282 Reaction score 380 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 8, 2018 #10 It's broken... but still an awesome find! Something with a face (human or otherwise) is on top of my bucket list...
It's broken... but still an awesome find! Something with a face (human or otherwise) is on top of my bucket list...