What's new

Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas finds.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
1,475
Golden Thread
0
Thought I'd post my finds.
These were found in central Texas, near the Colorado River.
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/timthemailman/100_1621.jpg
The white point lower right was found in North West Oklahoma in Caney Creek near Copan. The rest in West central Mo.
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/timthemailman/100_1622.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/timthemailman/100_1623.jpg
Years ago I found this rock that looked like a buffalo to me. A few yr's. later I came across this locally published book & found what was almost my buffalo rock. I let an "expert" look at it. He said it had never been worked and was a rock. Same w/ my duck head rock.
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/timthemailman/100_1624.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/timthemailman/100_1625.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/timthemailman/100_1626.jpg
Thanks for lookin.
 
Upvote 0
Nice looking finds. Your "buffalo" and "duck" are just natural formations and not effigies.
 
i think duckey is made by mother nature not man, i have a seperate collecton of mother nature made pieces, i like them as good as my field grade projectile points. your buffalo i would have to have in my hand to say one way or the other. they would have had a new home eather way. Terry
 
Love the lithics, some really nice pieces and the colors....
 
That's a very nice Grand point in the second pic (lower right). Your "expert" was right on the buffalo and duck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom