What's new

Mixed bag of finds; token, large cent, crotal bell, early shoe buckle

AP552

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
84
Reaction score
265
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
AT max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out to the usual fields and managed to pull what I think is a draped bust large cent out. I haven't cleaned it, worried I'll strip any details away but I can make out a right facing female bust. I did my best taking a pic of the coin. Must have walked by this coin at least a dozen times, there were about 6 holes that either my buddy or I had dug within no more than 4 feet of where I found it. I also dug a cool token. I almost thought it was a large cent but it's either a gaming or hard times token. I also managed to find an almost intact crotal bell and a early shoe bucke. The bell cleaned up pretty good, wish it was completely intact. Thanks for looking. HH

image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 12
Nice hunt man! I can't see the bust on the coin but photos never do things justice. If you think it's a DBLC I'm sure it is -


I know what you mean about walking by something. It's happened to me with some really awesome finds and I always wonder how it was possible. I always say the site gives what it wants, and when it wants.


That ground is harsh judging from the corrosion on the shoe buckle and large cent. That buckle dates to the 2nd half of the 18th Century BTW. That bell is huge and awesome. Great finds
Steve
 
Last edited:
Token is an awesome find.
Grats
 
Thanks guys. I tried taking a better picture of the coin. I think you can see it a little better in this one.

image.webp
 
Sweet finds, your LC looks like this to me disregard the date on this ref only, reason is the hair lines seems to match or i may be wrong
 

Attachments

  • 1822-coronet-head-large-cent.webp
    1822-coronet-head-large-cent.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 96
DANG NICE FINDS ..
 
Your finds are looking good! Makes me want to get out!
 
your "token" is a commemorative medal , Kossuth was freed from prison in Europe and
came to America and was treated like a royal dignitary and toured many of the major cities
of the eastern seaboard . He gave many speeches and tried to drum up support and money
for his cause in Europe. I found one of these medals many years ago .
 

Attachments

  • kossuth token reverse.webp
    kossuth token reverse.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Kossuth token front.webp
    Kossuth token front.webp
    94.9 KB · Views: 67
Really nice assortment of finds there. Great job
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom